PDA

View Full Version : Started 9 days ago

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CK_Duper
Tue, Jul-30-02, 17:14
Hi Everyone!

I am a new member here but have been looking at the site every now and then while trying to decide if I wanted to start low carb. I am 27 years old 6'5''. My goal weight right now is 250 pounds. I am not sure if that is what I should be at but i tell you what, It will feel great to get there. Once I am there I can look at the situation and determine a better target weight.

I became interested in low-carbibg when my older brother lost a bunch of weight (over 60 pounds). He was very encouraging to me and has been a great support. I enjoy these message boards and thought it would be a great idea to get into them.

As the title of this post says, I have been on a low-carb diet for 9 days now. I have lost 15 pounds but still have a long way to go. I enjoy learning more about low carb plans and, in general, anything that helps people like me stick with it.

I have now also begun a journal and it is under CK Duper where it tells a little more about myself and is where I will be posting regularly to keep a record of things.

regards,

CK :cool:

Natrushka
Wed, Jul-31-02, 07:08
Hi there CK and welcome :)

You'll find a lot of information and support here - it's a great place (and yes I am biased). Starting up a journal is step in the right direction - look at is as a tool that you can use to chart your progress and monitor your journey. It's also a place people can come to offer advice and support :thup:

As for your goal - you'll probably find, like many of us, that LCing is not like any other 'diet'. LCing promotes fat loss, not weight loss. Goal weights often get upped - when you lose fat and retain your lean mass you are leaner at a higher weight. It's great!

Cheers,
Nat

Catbert
Wed, Jul-31-02, 07:16
Welcome CK!

I started early in July and this is my second time on LC. Once about two years ago I lost about 20 lbs and was very happy. I just got lazy and went back to my old eating habbits and put it all back on plus 5. So here I am again. One tip - don't go off like I did - It is much harder to loose the second time around! :cheer: Congratualtions on the 15lbs! WoW! You are off to a running : start! :cheer YOu will find loads of support here we all are here to help each other. Have a great day! Cats

ACC
Wed, Jul-31-02, 14:16
This is my second go round with Lcarbing just started about 9 days ago lost 11 lbs so far....lots more to go.

I found the first time it was much easier to obtain ketosis then the second go round. :thup:

CK_Duper
Wed, Jul-31-02, 21:06
Thank you guys for the support and the interest you show in my "diet". I am now approaching the end of week 2 and am still going. I am gonna fill out a more detailed report in my journal tommorow.

Thanks once again for all the advice and encouragement. It is because of strong support that people are able to suceed where it may be tougher on their own.

CK

Catbert
Mon, Aug-19-02, 09:29
Hi guys - I'm back from vacation. Hope everyone is doing well. I was in ketosis before vacation - but I blew it on week two. Didn't gain any weight - didn't loose any either - but didn't gain. Talk to you soon - Cats