PDA

View Full Version : hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bluezy
Tue, Jul-30-02, 16:25
I am new to the ATKINs plan and wanted to say hi. I have yet to show substantial weight loss (just started) and will keep this place in mind for encouragement. :spin:

Rosebud
Tue, Jul-30-02, 20:09
Hi Bluezy, welcome!

Have a good look around the forum - there's lots to see here.
You could start with the orange bar at the top. Low Carb Tips is a font of information.

You could also think about starting your own journal here - info on how to can be found at the top of this forum.

Cheers!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

harpist
Tue, Jul-30-02, 20:20
Hi, bluezy. I'm not much ahead of you, but I can tell you that Atkins is worth it! It works!

Good luck!
Amy

bluezy
Mon, Aug-05-02, 14:45
I am off the diet for this pay period but am going on again Friday for keeps. My sister did the shopping and forgot about my carbs and also wants to join me. I KNOW this time it will work for me. I lost that 8 lbs and ate so much I can't believe how science and Dr. Atkins has made it so easy for a big girl that has always said she's going to lose weight make it happen. My plan is steak and shrimp and boneless breasts and pork rinds till I drop. And that 4oz chunk of cheese oooo yeah. I am a beer drinker and just need miller time on occasion. I was wondering if anybody knows the carb value of Kahlua? White Russians using heavy cream would sound like a wonderful low carb cocktail :roll:

ptjody
Mon, Aug-05-02, 15:28
Hi bluezy,
Hey, welcome to low carb country. I just happened to see one of your posts and saw where you and I started the same size and have almost identical goals. That is fabulous.

The post regarding your "Miller Time"...Michelobe makes a very low carb beer...2 carbs I believe. It is called Ultram. I have not tried it, but a fellow employee has and she said it really good. You can try that. Not sure how the distribution across the country is on that item though.

I'm so pleased with my progress so far. Tomorrow is my 3 month mark with LC and I have lost 32 pounds so far. It is so easy, like you said. One can eat so many good foods and the weight falls off.

My husband and two of our 3 teen sons are also eating LC and we all have lost a total of 128 pounds so far. I'm so happy for all of us and we feel fantastic.

Hope to visit with you again soon. Good luck! :wave:

Corrie
Mon, Aug-05-02, 16:54
Miller lite has about 3.5 carbs per can. Kahlua is basically coffee flavored sugar syrup - basically nothing BUT carbs -not a good bet. If you have a cocktail have clear distelled spirits with diet soda or water as a mixer - no soda or fruit juices.....

bluezy
Tue, Aug-20-02, 10:26
Corrie,

I am really impressed with your results.
I finally went back on the plan with my sister and after 8 days of induction we both lost 10 lbs.
Thank you for your quick reply. I noticed that beer DOES have a nutritional value label- go figure.