PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary to me.....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

EllieEats
Tue, Jul-30-02, 13:50
I'm siked up.... today is my 4 month anniversary since hitting goal!!! :D

And I'm under goal now... feeling great ..... and just thrilled with myself that I can really do this!!!
Who better to share the good news with than my LC friends!!

And since I can do this.... YOU can too!!!!

Hang in there everybody... it works, it works!!! :thup:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: (just a little happy dance here!)

Ellie :wave:

culliallen
Wed, Jul-31-02, 21:28
Just goes to show that it can be done...your goals and start weight are very similar to mine...I have actually been thinking about going a little lower than my first goal...but, I want to get down to that first :p ....

I am happy for you...and keeping it off!...that's the part where the tough get going!

I can't wait...(sigh, but I'll have to...)

:D

thanks for the post!

EllieEats
Thu, Aug-01-02, 04:24
Hi Culliallan,

Atkins again, huh? Then you must know... if you stick with it , it does work!!

I posted this because when starting out, thats where I got my inspiration.. reading about other people reaching their goal and NOT gaining it all back (which is what everyone here in the outside world was telling me would happen)

It looks like you are doing fantastic so far !! :thup: :thup:
(I noticed your age is the same as mine too as well as our stats being similar) Yes, get to your stated goal first and then you can decide if you want to lose more. My goal was what I had always weighed before the last couple years when I put all the weight on... so I knew exactly where I wanted to be. And I know exactly where I want to stay ;) ...... now if I could just get back into working out again... (have really been a slacker there lately)

Well, hope to see you around the forum some more!

Ellie, :wave:

trisharau
Fri, Aug-02-02, 08:13
Hi Ellie,

Congratultions on your 4 month success on maintenance.

I put my goal at what I had been for a long while before getting pregnant twice and putting on all the weight. Now I am under I am not where I want to be and now I remember that that was an issue when I was at 54kg (or the goal in lbs on my stats). I have thought of going lower and actually having a goal range say 48-50kg or 50-52kg. I am actually no longer sure of what my goal weight is but I will know when I get there.

Keep up your great work.

EllieEats
Sat, Aug-03-02, 15:45
Congrats to you too, Trisha!! :thup:

Yes, you will know when the weight feels right!
Keep up the good work!

Ellie :wave:

trisharau
Sat, Aug-03-02, 17:09
Hi Ellie,

I am back on induction and my body is back down to my weight on the stats. :) I had a sugar and high carb binge that lasted almost a week and even went a bit over my goal weight. :eek: (This was very unusual as when I had upped my food before it was low carb fare).

I am asking your opinion on actually changing my stats to a lower goal weight as psychologically speaking I have in my head that my current goal weight is the one I must never go over. (Going over it this time was the brakes on my eating junk but boy was it hard to stop and I am still getting cravings and missing that buzziness that I had on the sugar high :( ).

I am thinking that making a new goal will get me there more easily (I am very goal orientated as I imagine you also are after I read your whole journal for some tips :) ). I also think that this new goal will make it less likely for me to go over it in future. I do want to keep my new goal as a higher one as in I will have in my head a weight range with a difference of say 4 pounds or two kilos to allow for monthly fluctuations.

Thanks for any input Ellie and also I found your journal inspirational (a thankyou to Jenny/Bloom who put me onto to you :) ). It is great too that you have not left the board as so many that reach goal just disappear. Still I can understand that too as achieving and stabilising at a certain weight can then free up more time and energy to pursue new interests.

Thanks again for your wonderful example to all of us. :thup: :D

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EllieEats
Sun, Aug-04-02, 04:55
Hi Trish,

I know exactly what you mean about the weight goal... I too am trying to get down to where my goal weight will be my "high" weight.
I gain as much as 4 to 5 pounds in an average day (depending on what I eat and how much water--- (which is always lots!) so I'd like to have those few extra pounds to play with.
I binge here and there too... but as I told Jenny, I made a rule to NEVER cheat 2 days in a row and it seems easier to get back under control and the excess pounds come back off very quickly (I think they are mostly water weight at that point and by getting back to my program quickly... I keep from doing real damage)
I hope you found something worthwhile and helpful in my journal.
I have never gone back through it and looked it over myself... maybe I will... it just might help me again too!!
I feel like such a slacker... I am NOT exercising!!! I just can't get my motivation up to get going again :( And I know that would be a tremendous benefit at this point....
My still being involved in this forum is for my own benefit as well as (hopefully) others. I really still need to stay connected to keep myself focused..... just seems like it would still be too easy to blow everything and then find myself starting over again!

Well, got to run to work!
Will stay in touch!
Later, Ellie :wave:

trisharau
Sun, Aug-04-02, 06:34
Hi Ellie,

I like your point about not cheating more than two days in a row. :) I was going fine even though I did have a couple of occassions in June of having tastes of something sweet and then on one occassion or two having apples and mandarins (I ate a few of those in one sitting). Then in July I stayed at a Bed and Breakfast and though the evening meal was legitimate low carb food it was three courses and way too much for me ( and silly me felt I needed to eat everything as this lovely woman had made it especially for me - I wasn't expecting 3 courses!!). The cravings for more food especially carb food happened after that event. Unfortunately within a few days I succumbed to the real sugary stuff. The good thing was I found I did not like my old favourites bar a particular icecream and a variety of Lindt chocolate. Now my mind still obsesses about those as well as Tiramisu my favourite dessert. :rolleyes:

I am beginning to think that this obsessing is more of a mind thing as I didn't desire any of these things for so many months this year. It is like I switched my mind off from them. :) Now I need to find that switch again. :D

My exercise also went kaput with the binge and the good food eating came back a few days before the exercise started again. I really missed the exercise though and it feels so good to be back doing that again. My mind is clearer, I wake up better and sleep better. My self esteem just soars when I move my body and I reap the benefits all day. :D I also tend to be less irritable when I exercise 6 days a week. I only do half an hour each day (weights one day and treadmill the next). It works its magic though and it is something that I want to keep up for life as it is also my thinking time. I do hope you get back on track with your exercise real soon.

I gots lots out of your journal and it was great reading. :)

:wave: :wave: :wave:

EllieEats
Wed, Aug-14-02, 04:32
Hi Trish,
Well, it's the middle of august now and I'm sorry to report I haven't gotten back to my exercise yet...... :rolleyes:
But it will happen.

I was the same as you .... had nothing that even tasted sweet (even legal desserts....not even SF jello !) for months and didn't miss them a bit! BUT once I started to indulge again... with jello or LC coconut macaroons--- the monkey was on my back again!

Even a little "sweet" or a little too much carbs seems to bring the cravings for more right back out!!! Sign of a true addiction!
But reality for me... I don't want to give up all that good stuff forever... so I'm learning some self control. Everything is planned,
Next day right back to my program, and keep things as limited as I can. It's working so far. I find after indulging a little, I don't think about it again for a while. This will just be a life time battle :(

Congrats on sticking to the exercising!! I agree.... it does make you feel so much better and gives you more energy! (I'll just keep telling myself that until I get going again!!)

We'll get this thing right if we stick it out.... and have each other for support!!!

Later, Ellie :wave:

trisharau
Wed, Aug-14-02, 06:35
Hi Ellie,

Marlaine had this great idea :idea: for an exercise challenge that started the 12th August and goes right through to the end of the year. (EXERCISE/FITNESS CHALLENGE). The commitment is just to do cardio three times a week. Lots of us are doing more days and some of us are including weights. Would love you to join so that you can get back into your exercise. I remember that you loved it so much!! :thup:

I am still learning the mental challenges of control. I tried a couple of those favourite (now exfavourite) icecreams of mine and have definitely got them out of my system this time around (yuk so sweet). I have yet to taste my favourite Lindt again as that is a good 45 minute drive away to pick up a block and it is expensive too at nearly $5.00 (Australian for a small to medium sized block).

I have practically got my wardrobe down to the 20% I do wear and have got rid of the 80% I don't wear. My body shape has changed with doing weights and what was comfortable once at a smaller size is not now!! Well it is that or just my body changing with age - one or the other. :rolleyes:

Anyway it will be nice when I can afford it to buy some new clothes as I am still living in baggy track suits even if they are size 8/10 (probably your size 6). I don't even have any warm weather clothes (apart from T shirts) either and it is spring here in a few weeks. :p

The best news though is my health is great and I had a peak flow done the other day and it was normal. Usually I am on full asthma meds this time of the year. :D

:wave: