PDA

View Full Version : MY confession - Wow

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nsmith4366
Mon, Jul-29-02, 21:22
Confession -

More than anything I just eat fat. There I said it. That's my goal everyday, like a drug addict almost I wake up and crave fat...at each meal. I eat it first and I get full fast. I eat some butter and I'm good for hours. I down some cream cheese and my hunger is gone. Just gone. I want real food, even protein or veggies less and less, but I do get them in. Show me a buffet and I head right for the fat. During travel I've even taken my own fat (mayo packets) with me. Fat is what I crave now. And guess what? I'm losing weight.

Breakfast - peanutbutter or eggs
Lunch - whipped philly cream cheese, mayo on salad vegs
Dinner - chicken with lots of butter, greenbeans
snack - very small amount of tuna/tons of mayo

Pretty amazing - even my smallest clothes are falling off.

Most people would get "the runs" eating this much fat day after day- but I take a med that is extremely "binding" (constipation terrible side effect) and eating this much fat actually is very helpful wtih that!

The more fat I eat the less hungry I am. I feel like I have this wonderful food trick, this special secret...a magical way almost to "escape" the whole weightloss trauma issue that has plagued me for years - and it works - anyone else feel that way?

Karen
Mon, Jul-29-02, 23:21
I find this very troubling...

I feel like I have this wonderful food trick, this special secret...a magical way almost to "escape" the whole weightloss trauma issue that has plagued me for years

...mostly because I don't understand why you would want to escape from eating through a magical trick, and what a weight loss trauma issue would be.

The whole notion and process of wanting less and less chewable food really scares me. Yes, humans can survive on fat, but if that was the way we were supposed to be, our physiology would support it. We wouldn't have teeth or the digestive system we have and there would be natural food sources that were completely composed of fat.

But then, I haven't walked in your shoes. I am not judging you, just concerned.

Karen

nsmith4366
Tue, Jul-30-02, 05:49
I continue to be happy in my way. Anyone else feel wonderful eating 65-75% cals from fat, and the rest from protein/carbs at 20%?
:) N

Misty
Tue, Jul-30-02, 06:33
nsmith-
I am doing the same thing. My fat in the last week has ranged between 70-80% and guess what? I feel better, I look better and am finally losing weight. I keep my carbs below 20g a day and I exercise a lot. I've been told that since I'm exercising, I should eat more carbs. But they bloat me after a meal and I can't stay full for long. I found I was actually eating MORE calories when my carbs were high because I was constantly hungry. My carbs were never too high, around 20-30g, but it stalled me BIG TIME. I haven't had an energy problem, in fact I think I've got more. My workouts haven't suffered either.
I truly believe that what stalls one person may not stall another. For instance too many veggies stalled me. But a little extra Splenda, cheese or peanut butter doesn't seem to stall me.
How many calories are you eating? As long as your calories aren't too low and you feel good, keep doing what you're doing. I still make sure I'm getting enough protein but adding carbs was becoming a chore. Now I'll have one salad a day and that's about it.
I saw what you wrote about "the runs". This is what I find really amazing. I haven't taken psyllium husks in over a week and I'm very regular despite the fact that my fiber only comes from 1 serving of veggies and flax meal. I was taking 2-3 Tbsp a day before.

nsmith4366
Tue, Jul-30-02, 08:46
Misty - I'm right EXACTLY where you are. The more fat I eat, the fewer calories over all that I eat. I still try to get protein/veggies in, but my main goal is GTFIFTFFF - in other words:

GET THE FAT IN FIRST TO FEEL FULL FAST!

I don't count calories but I have tons of energy, my skin is beautiful, I stop snacking, I'm very regular for the first time ever - not moody, not hungry and very very happy.

I find if I lower fat, I eat more/too much protein and carbs.
Fat is the regulator of hunger. Fat is what creates the feeling of fullness. Fat without excess carbs does not turn to fat on the body. My hunger, if any - comes so slowly now - it's like a very gentle whisper in my ear that perhaps I should think about eating something again. Before (high carb/lowfat) my hunger was a screaming maniac that made me sweat, shake, feel anxious, unable to concentrate - moody, fuzzy thinking and fearful that I would start eating and never feel full (which happened all the time) and would not stop eating until I felt physical pain.

Now I notice (if I do) that it's mealtime again. And I eat a small fatty meal with some protein (not tons) and I make sure I get a nice small high fiber salad each day.

Right peanutbutter is my best source of fat - it includes protein but very low carbs (4 after fiber - no sugar - no hydrog - no salt added brand). My next best bet is Philly cream cheese. I watch my servings/meaning I count every carb, but I eat my small treats/meals slowly and lavish in the richness. Then I sit back and enjoy the full feeling that comes. And it does come. And I am free again. Free to go ahead and move on with my day and activities and to LEAVE THE KITCHEN WITHOUT another thought of food...

...until I hear that gentle whisper again many hours later.

I'm with you. Eat fat - (throw in some protein/vegs) then DO SOMETHING ELSE OTHER THAN EAT for hours at a time. This is what I mean "getting out of the food-trap" or however I put it.
When I ate high carb low fat I'd eat and eat and eat and stand in the kitchen for what an hour? Still eating, never feeling full. Now I'm in and out and I have my day back my life back and best of all I'm in great health (verified by doc) and feel wonderful.

I hope everyone here finds this peace as I have. Misty - I know we are not alone.