PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I think this can work!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hungreebee
Mon, Jul-29-02, 16:12
Hi all! So far I have found this site incredibly helpful -- Im looking forward to consulting it often. I am hoping to not only lose weight (about 55 pounds) but -- almost more importantly -- I need to get a grip on the cravings. I am so tired of feeling "addicted" to food. So far, this first week has been pretty hard -- Im used to ALOT of carbs and I dont eat much meat BUT for the first time in A LONG TIME (not trying to "yell" -- but emphasize...lol) I havent gone to the grocery store to get a gallon of Edy's in the middle of the night. While part of me has somewhat bought into the (possible) propaganda regarding the health hazards of low-carb, I know the way Im eating now, as well as the stress caused by the power food seems to have over me, is radically unhealthy as well. Im looking forward to this new way of eating!

Rosebud
Mon, Jul-29-02, 19:28
Hi Hungreebee, welcome to a great site and to a great WOE. :wave:

I'd like to suggest that you have a good look around here. You can start with Low Carb Tips on the orange bar at the top of the screen, then if you go to Newbies' Questions, look at the Hot Links there. Lots of threads about lots of subjects.

All the best to you for your low carb journey!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

SooCee
Fri, Aug-02-02, 16:50
Hello Hungreebee, welcome to the forum.
This site is a great place to learn new stuff. Tips, advice and more can be seen. As Rosebud said look at the 'Hot Link' there you can find many things that you might want to know about.
Good Luck!!

SooCee :wave: