PDA

View Full Version : New--Very impressed

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

duncan2002
Mon, Jul-29-02, 11:23
I read about the SP in Women's World magazine and it made sense to me. I then went to the bookstore and purchased the book. I love this plan! I was thrilled to discover I have lost 5 pounds and have not experienced any of the cravings that I had before. My husband and kids were skeptical, to say the least, after watching what I was eatting. Now my husband is in his second day on the plan!! (Haven't converted my three teenage boys yet!) This forum is great. I have been reading the entries everyday and have gotten a lot of my questions answered. I am so glad to be a part of all this.

razzle
Mon, Jul-29-02, 11:26
and it's great to have you along!

I read that the typical teenage boy in NA eats 300 pounds of sugar per year (twice the national average). Get them to eat anything less than that, and you have a partial victory. :)

TeriDoodle
Mon, Jul-29-02, 11:53
....And I read (probably somewhere on this forum!) that the average American eats 57 lbs of potatos per year....mostly in the form of french fries!! Aaaaaaaaaaaack!

Congratulations, Duncan.... we're glad you're here!!

My children are 8 and 12.... just imagine the time I'm having trying to convert them to LCing!! HA! All I can really do is educate, educate, educate.... and hope some of it sticks.