PDA

View Full Version : eggs .........

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

heyitsme
Sat, Jul-27-02, 17:03
can i really eat as many eggs as i want i like them so i want to eat say 2 for breakfast than three halves deviled for lunch ............but i am worried its not good any thoughts :q:

razzle
Sat, Jul-27-02, 19:32
eggs are great for you...and if you can find free-range eggs, so much the better (they're getting available at many regular grocery stores, it seems!)

Is it cholesterol that worries you? We need cholesterol. Without it, we'd melt into little pools of slime, like the Wicked Witch when water is thrown on her. The cholesterol that runs around in our bloodstream is mostly manufactured in the liver and does not come from food. In the absence of eating high carb levels, you will not manufacture a lot of the bad stuff (LDL) and will manufacture more of the good stuff (HDL). My HDL is around 70, my LDL 100, my triglycerides under 70 from eating low carb. That's not atypical, and it's pretty much perfect. (if indeed cholesterol matters, which it may not--read Ravnskov and others on that topic).

you could do a search here for "eggs and cholesterol" for more discussions. You could do an internet search for "cholesterol myth" and get an eyeful!

HTH

heyitsme
Mon, Jul-29-02, 05:18
thanks for the info i feel better now!