PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Merry
Fri, Jul-26-02, 11:43
G'morning all. Used Atkins the first year the book came out to lose a few pounds so I know it works. This go-round I need to lose a lot and then stay on it for life. Read Sallies' intro and it hit home, I recently had multiple stents put in and an angioplasty. However my weight problem didn't start until after the surgery when I quit smoking and was on steroids for a long time. Bought the new version of DANDR and I can now quote carb values and fat gms in my sleep ;) I started the Fitday log of food intake and exercise along with a journal here, recommend it to all the new people - it's a big help.
Merry

obxpoohmom
Fri, Jul-26-02, 12:36
Hi Merry and welcome. I wish you all the best.

Janiceb
Fri, Jul-26-02, 14:05
Hi Merry, I think the journal is a great idea. You seem dedicated and ready to lose the weight. Go for it!