PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

erlene
Thu, Jul-25-02, 10:57
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and hope to find some good support here. I've low carbed before (last fall) and lost 18 lbs in 2.5 months! Was so excited, but went off the diet through the holidays. I've had a heck of a time getting back into it this year. I gained some of the weight back and haven't been successful losing it yet nor have I been successful sticking to the LC for any significant length of time (which would be why I'm not losing!). :rolleyes:

Anyway . . .hopefully I can find the strength and support here to make it to my goal. (and maybe get a few questions answered in the process).

Glad to be here . . . look forward to getting to know people. :D

itsjoyful
Thu, Jul-25-02, 11:27
Welcome Lene!

I answered one of your questions in another post, but thought I'd come over here and greet you properly!

After falling off the "wol" it is very hard to get back on. You are doing yourself a huge favor by joining this forum. It truly rocks. Good luck to you !
Peace,
Brenda

TeriDoodle
Thu, Jul-25-02, 11:53
I think that part of what has made my (48%) success possible is that this forum has made me accountable. I mean, when I'm staring at a piece of 3-layer chocolate decadence cake I don't act impulsively...but I think beyond the moment....to the time when I will have to post in my journal about the cheat, the headache, the 2 lbs I gained....etc. I don't wanna have to do that!! I'd rather just stick to the plan, be glad I don't have to deal with the guilt, and find pleasure in other things....like a big bite of SF chocolate jello pudding. (Hey, one bite of SF pudding is better than a piece of that cake, right?)

Stick around.... you'll see what I mean. :)