PDA

View Full Version : I wanna countdown!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wanabthin
Thu, Jul-25-02, 08:17
Hi everyone. I have alot of weight to lose and would kinda like to have a buddy. I don't even know how to instant message anyone.I have to lose at least 100 lbs. I need some support. Someone to compare with. The last day I've counted up instead of down(gained 2 lbs). If I have a buddy, Ill have a little incentive.If your interested let me know. Thanks a bunch-Tammy :wave: :D

Louise V
Thu, Jul-25-02, 12:09
Hi Tammy!
Sounds like your off to a pretty good start! I'd be very happy to be your buddy, I don't know if your looking for someone who is in the process of losing a lot of weight or someone who's been there. I've been there and still have a little bit to go, you'll see as you keep losing how great and different life is.
Just let me know if I'm the type of buddy your looking for, If yes I'd be happy to help you through this journey that we're all on.
Have a great day
Louise

wanabthin
Thu, Jul-25-02, 12:47
Louise, I would love to have you as a buddy. I can see you have been there! How long have you been doin it?(LC) I'm very happy for you! I'm 26(almost 27) and I've been big my whole life. In the 8th grade I weighed 255. I really want to see whats it's like to be thinner. I know once I got a taste of it, I'd never wanna go back to the old me. I messed up last night, but I'm back on track again today. I'm getting tired of cooking all the time......but I may as well get used to it.I've found rotissery chickens are good for a quick fix. what would you consider a stall? Not losing any weight in 2 weeks or a month? I'm afraid the brakfast sausage I'm eating is slowing me down, but It's only been a couple of days. Anyway, last night caused me to gain I guess cause the scales upset me this morn. Mabye it's just water like thet say. Well I'm gonna go 4 now. Have a good day and w/b Tammy D :wave:

Louise V
Thu, Jul-25-02, 14:13
Hi Tammy!
I've been low carbing for 2 years now. I too was overweight as a child and after having my kids the weight came on even more, then a car accident which caused me to gain more again, but that's a long story, will keep that for later lol. I'm 37 a mother of 2 teens, all of my friends are much younger than I, they are all in there 20's.
I don't consider a few weeks as a stall, I would say a few months...that is strictly on the plan without any thing happening, if you have a cheat here and there and don't lose your not in a stall. I would be careful with then sausages, make sure there are no sugars or bread crumbs in them, some have a lot of hidden carbs. Drink a lot of water, this really helps too, at first you'll go to the little girls room a lot, but soon your body will adjust....
Well I should go and make diner, I'll chech in later!
Louise

Tanyaskees
Thu, Jul-25-02, 14:19
hi Tammy, welcome to the forum. Hi Louis, long time to talk, you been ok I hope.

Tammy, I will be glad to chat with you and be your buddy. I love this forum and the people on here. People like Louis are my insparation. Louis, sent Tammy a link to your pictures. Every time I want to cheat, I remember those pictures, and most of the time I back off, but not all the time :). Talk to you girls soon.

wanabthin
Sun, Jul-28-02, 12:01
How are ya'll doin? I'm makin it. :( m I haven't lost anymore weight. I think it's the sausage and bacon I've been eating everyday. I hope it will help me out. So, are you guys doin ok. Any new recepies you have to share......especially breakfast, since I'll be cutting out my processed meats. Ya'll holler back at me ok.........be good. Tammy- aka- wannabthin

Louise V
Mon, Jul-29-02, 09:48
Good Morning girls!!!
Tanya great to hear from you again! I'm doing fine, still not losing much but still not smoking either, so I'm feeling great, how about you are you still not smoking, I must say Love the picture, it's nice to put a face to the person.
Tammy I'm so glad to see that your sticking to the plan, don't get discouraged if you don't lose weight all the time, sometimes you'll lose in inches and the weight will start coming off again, I know we depend on the scale all the time, don't weigh yourself every day either, some days you retain fluids and the scales go up, then you get down in the dumps for nothing.
Did you check out the recipe forum under breakfast there are some pretty good ideas there, I eat really simple because I find if I eat anything that is kind of sweet then I start craving carbs, and that's not a good thing, I am a sugar freak LOL
If you want to see my before and now pics just klick on this http://www.pppics.com/pppics/1227d.htm if I can do it, anyone can.
Have a great day!!!!
Louise

Tanyaskees
Mon, Jul-29-02, 10:07
Hi girls, how are ya'll this morning? I bought a new scale this weekend that measures body fat as well. It is 5 lbs more then what I had, so I had to adjust my stats, not too happy. Plus I gained like 5 pound after I started working out 3 weekd ego, whats up with that? So, I am not a hapy camper, but at least now I have a scale that matches my doctors, I think it's a lot more accurate. I did adjust my start wieght as well.

Tanyaskees
Mon, Jul-29-02, 10:08
Oh, forgot to mention that I am still not smoking as well, two and a half months for me.

Tari
Mon, Jul-29-02, 11:03
Hi there! :wave:

If you have room for one more, I'd love to be buddies with you all!

I've been LCing since last January, and have lost about 30 lbs so far. My fiancee and I went on Atkins together to try to lose weight before our wedding next May. He's lost over 55 lbs and is getting close to his goal weight--it's so frustrating how men lose so much easier.

I was not a heavy child. In fact, I was a dancer in my younger years and really never had to think about what I ate--when you're dancing 5-7 hours a day you pretty much burn everything off. Once I quit dancing, though, I started putting on weight. Slowly at first, but then I developed hypoglycemia and the pounds came on fast.

I just love the LC WOL. I feel better than I have in years. Aside from the weight loss, my blood sugar is much more stable than it's ever been...I found out that I'm not as moody as I (and everyone else!) thought I was--it was just insulin overload!

My next mini-goal is to get under 200 lbs. by late October. I have to order my wedding dress then and if I can get down one more dress size, it's $50 cheaper. :)

Louise, I looked at your pictures and you're AMAZING! So gorgeous! I think I'm going to post them on my wall to look at when I'm feeling tempted (which still happens too often).

Tanya, congratulations on quitting smoking! I've not been able to kick that yet. (One vice at a time ;) )

Tanyaskees
Mon, Jul-29-02, 11:43
Hi Tari, welcome :). Quiting smoking is not easy, sometimes I could eat a pack.....LOL. You'll quit when you are ready. Congrats on your upcoming wedding, must be very exciting, I kind of remember. I have been married almost 11 years. Good luck to both of you.

wanabthin
Mon, Jul-29-02, 14:05
Louise, you look GREAT. I can't stress it enough! What's the difference in Protein Power and Atkins? I hope someday I can post my pics on there. Oh yeah.....congrats on the girls that quit smoking. I know it was hard. To the newcomer......the more the merrier! This web site is great and there are lots of nice people to help us on our journey to "thinness". good luck to all of you! And Louise........YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louise V
Tue, Jul-30-02, 14:43
Good afternoon girls!
Thank you all for the kind words!!I just think it's important and more encouraging when you know it can be done, and you know someone who has and is doing it .
Welcome Tari and congrats, on the wedding....I guess you'll be real busy planning things for a while. Don't worry about quitting smoking yet, one thing at a time.
Tanya I'm glad to hear your still not smoking, neither am I, it's been 4 1/2 months and man do I feel good!!!! you Tanya that could be the reason for the 5 pounds you gained, I did the same thing just lately, maybe our metabolism slowing down now that the nicotine is gone...
Tammy the two life plans are pretty much the same, the only difference is we're allowed fruit from the beginning and the PP book I found to be more detailed. Tammy you will post your pictures one day, don't say "maybe" say I will, it gives you a much better attitude that way. :)
I'm off to make diner, Have a great low carb day
Louise

Tari
Tue, Jul-30-02, 16:40
Hi girls. I got a big kick in the pants last night. I found out my fiancee now weighs less than five pounds more than me. Good for him...but there's NO WAY I'm going to let him weigh less than me (he started out like 35 pounds heavier).

So, now I'm really inspired to not cheat even a little. I was able to look at the Krispy Kremes my evil coworker left in front of my desk all day without being even a little tempted (yea me :D ). I've been very, very good with drinking lots and lots of water.

My TOM is due this week. So, I should drop about six pounds once that's over with...that will help. I'm also going to do the cardio excercising more often (starting this morning).

Whatever it takes for that extra motivation, huh?

Tanyaskees
Tue, Jul-30-02, 19:02
Good for you Tari. I started cardio this morning myself. Doing the walk away the pounds for abs vidio, it pretty good. I also jazzercise 4 times a week, not thats a workout, but I love it. Louise, I started exercising 3 weeks ego and thats when I started gaining. I hope that all it is. I really really don't want to go back to induction, but I will if something doesn't change in a few weeks. I won't be happy about it though :(. BTW, i love being a nonsmoker, it is a great feeling most of the time....LOL. I'll talk to you girls later.

Louise V
Fri, Aug-02-02, 22:08
Hi Girls!
Where did you all go!!! Tammy how are you doing? If your doing well I want to hear about it, if your having a hard time don't give up, we can help you!!!
Tari seems like you've on track, keep up the great work!!!
Tanya I hope the exercise are going well!!!Keep on working out!!!
I'm going golfing tomorrow, so I'll walk the 18 holes, which me luck !!!
Have a great weekend!!
Louise

Tanyaskees
Fri, Aug-02-02, 22:33
Good luck girl, you'll do great. I have a super jezzercise session in the morning, an hour and a half.....ouch. Have a great weekend.

wanabthin
Sun, Aug-04-02, 12:20
Hi ya'll! I'm still hanging in there. I'm still losing, but nothing dramatic. I don't expect anything fast. I'm takin it slowly but surley. I'm still feeling good, especially when I put on my post pregnancy clothes :D They're baggy! I want to join Curves really bad, but I don't have the $ right now, but eventually I'm gonna go. I'm in the procees of lookin for a job. :( I've been at home w/ my 20 month old pretty much since he was born, so I will miss being at home with him. I always have worked somewhere, but when I got pregnant, all that changed. Ya'll wish me luck in LC and job hunting. I LOVE LOW CARBING!!!!!! :wave:

Tanyaskees
Sun, Aug-04-02, 13:29
Glad you're still with us :). Slow is good, you're doing great. Good luck finding a job. I got to run, so will make it short and sweet. Hang in there girl, we are here for you. Talk to you soon.

Louise V
Sun, Aug-04-02, 13:54
Good Afternoon!
I'm glad to hear your stilll doing well!!! losing slowly is a good thing, because if you loose to fast your metabolism will slow down sooner and you don't that to happen.
I'm job searching to, I have to babysit my brothers kids for the month of August, after that I want to go out to work...
I had a great day golfing yesterday!!! The weather was perfect.
I should go tomorrow is a civic holliday here in Canada, so everyone's off....
Have a great day and keep up the good work
Louise

Tari
Tue, Aug-06-02, 16:37
Hi girls! Glad to hear that everyone's still hanging in there.

I've been away for a few days on business. I work for a medical association and had to staff a meeting of one of my committees. Sticking to the WOL with this group isn't too bad because about half of the committee is on some version of low-carb. (Pretty enlightened for a group of doctors, huh?) It probably won't be quite so easy on my trip next week, though.

Good luck to the job hunters...I hope it goes well. (There are days when I'd gladly give you mine :p .)

Louise V
Tue, Aug-13-02, 17:08
Hey Girls!
How are you all doing?
I've been so busy, I got a new job last Tuesday and I've been training. I'm a sales rep. for a pastry, cookie company, the Canadian people would know them as Vachon Cakes and the American's Hostess Twinkies and those kind of products. The pay is great and the hours are good too, the only thing is I feel a little funny selling these products that I know are so bad for you, but it's job, and I don't force the cake down anyone's mouth.
Tanya I love your fairy, smelling the lilac's, they are my favourite flower, I have 2 huge tree's in my yard, they are so beautiful. Did you draw the picture?
Please post something ladies, then I'll know how you're all doing!!!
Take Care
Louise

Tanyaskees
Tue, Aug-13-02, 19:37
Hey Louise, doing great over here. How about you. Congrats on the new job, that's always exciting. Selling Twinkies.....LOL, don't bring any over here, I may eat them all.
I didn't draw the fairy, someone sent her to me, it's my whooshie...hope it works. I sure need it just about now. I am totally stalled. I think my scale is broken....LOL. I started a journal, stop by there and see me anytime. It's kind of fun having one. Well Louise, it great hearing from you...please stay in touch.

Tari
Tue, Sep-10-02, 10:53
Hey, is anyone still around?

I've been out of town on business for a few weeks. (It was kind of rough, and I got off track for a few weeks, but I'm back on the wagon now!)

Louise, congratualtions on the new job. How's it going?

Tanya, how's that whooshie working out for you? :D

Louise V
Thu, Sep-12-02, 18:48
Hi Tari!
I'm still around, the new job is going great! I'm going to be working 50 hrs for the next 3 weeks, so I'll be busy. I find it really hard to get into exercise mode now that I"m back at worked, when I worked before I found time because my hours were different, I think maybe I'll join a gym, then if I'm paying for it I'll make sure I go.
I'm glad to here your back on the wagon, it's not always easy being out of town, I hope your doing well.
Hello Tanya, I'm sure your out there somewhere, just hope things are going well for you.
Take Care girls!!!
Louise

Tanyaskees
Thu, Sep-12-02, 18:53
Hi girls :), I am here...........no whooshies for me at all lately, but thats ok, one of these days. Tari, I am so glad you are still with us, I was wondering what happened to you. Louise, I know the feeling about not wanting to exersize, I can't seem to make myself go either.....and I am PAYING for a gym membership....LOL. I am just lazy.....
So glad to hear from both of you, please keep in touch :wave: