PDA

View Full Version : Hello! What a great forum!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Janeydi
Wed, Jul-24-02, 18:24
First, I want to say you guys are awsome! What a wealth of information and support! If I had something like this the first time I went on Atkins, I probably would have stuck with it. I was still being drawn in by the negative garbage about LC living.

I lost 15 lbs. then, but gained it back (slowly) when I started eating starches again. I do pretty good with green veggies, but, boy, add that bread and I'm done for!

This time, I had lost 7 lbs. by day 12 into Induction when we went out to a street fair and I had something sweet. I gained 2 lbs. immediately and it has taken 5 days to lose it again. Sheesh, it was like 2 bites! But that's ok, I will do that from time to time and I'm not going to panic, just get back on the horse, if you know what I mean.

I have been using Fitday for 2 days now, thanks to it being mentioned here. I'm eating 70% fat, 27-28% protein, 2-3% carbs, and that was without trying to do that, it just happened that way. I also found out I wasn't eating enough, so I stepped that up to 10x my weight. I'm drinking more, too.

Thank you so much for all your knowledgeable input! It will take me months to get "caught up", if that's possible! :daze: I hope to get to know you all better, and I hope one day to offer encouragment to others.

Amy

P.S. I have the dubious honor of having been born in the same city as Tony the Tiger--you won't hold it against me will you? ;)

wallylu
Thu, Jul-25-02, 11:26
Glad you found this forum?! I know I was!!

The information & support is awesome, and really, really, helps.

Hang in there - you can do this!! (i'm telling myself this as well as you, lol!)

:cheer:

TeriDoodle
Thu, Jul-25-02, 11:46
Yes, this really is an awesome place and you are right when you say it might just make the difference in your long-term success. I know that I would never have enjoyed the success I have without this community.... there's no doubt in my mind. Spend lots of time poking around....there's SO much to learn here. I'd also suggest that you start a journal (instructions are in the Bootcamp section) so that you have a space to record your food, thoughts, observations, etc...and the friends you make here will have a place to come "visit"!!

You'll love it here and I KNOW you'll do well. :sunny:

Janeydi
Thu, Jul-25-02, 13:46
Encouragement and knowledge will make all the difference, I know. Wow, who could give up after seeing the success stories! Something is different this time around, I just feel a kind of peace about it all, knowing that this is how it's going to be for the rest of my life. After another week or so, I'm going to visit the recipe section! :hyper:

I've just figured out the journal thing. I'll be starting one soon!

Talk to you again,

Amy