PDA

View Full Version : A new Begining

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bwmiller
Tue, Jul-23-02, 22:38
I am a newbie as well, I started the Low Carb Diet nine days ago, and am extreamily happy to say I haven't cheated yet.

Though temptation did rear its ugly head the other day. My wife and I had some friends over for dinner, which went over smoothly but later in the evening my wife wanted me to go get some blizzards from DQ. I thought sure, I have had enough self control all week, so this would not be a problem. I was overtaken in the drive thru, while staring at a picture of a special Blizzard they had. So, I ordered one, BUT I am happy to say that after pulling out of the drive thru, and onto the street I had regained control. I took my ice cream home and dumped it down the garbage disposal.

I currently weigh 313lbs, but am unsure of my starting wieght (guessing 320lbs) because I didn't have a working scale untill today. I was very upset to step on that scale today and see those poundrous numbers, because I was at an all time high of 284lbs less then a year ago...

I have the determination and the plan, so the rest will be history...

LittleAnne
Wed, Jul-24-02, 02:33
Hi and welcome to this forum.

You did great not sucumbing to temptation. Well done.

Great, now you have the scales you will be able to keep track on how the weight is dropping off. You might like also to take your measurements as well as these are another good indicator.

Like myself, you have quite a few pounds to loose and you might find it helpful to start a journal on this site. See sticky at the top of the page. Not only does this keep a record of your progress, but is a great place to meet other like minded people.

Every success.

razzle
Wed, Jul-24-02, 09:42
wow! The Blizzard Dump! I'm very impressed with that story.

It's amazing how fast the cravings can come back when we do succumb, so I'm so glad you were strong.

Keep posting. You may want to check out our mentors/administrators who are fellows who started out with some pounds to lose: wbahn, tamarian, and DWRolfe (gee, I hope I'm not forgetting anyone!)