PDA

View Full Version : I'm a newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Idkwilter
Tue, Jul-23-02, 11:09
Just found this site last night. I'm overweight, my husband is underweight, is diabetic and has high cholesterol. We're hoping that the Schwarzbein diet (suggested to us by his diabetic educator) will help both of us.

Any and all suggestions, information, and support from this group will be greatly appreciated.

Idkwilter

lisaf
Tue, Jul-23-02, 12:42
Hi there and welcome to this site and the SP discussion group - can you see my official greeter uniform?

Please feel free to ask any questions that you need to here...everyone is very friendly and supportive.

Lisa

Idkwilter
Tue, Jul-23-02, 14:09
Thanks, Lisa, for the welcome. I think my biggest question at this point is how to adapt this 'diet' for both an underweight and an overweight person. I guess lots more protein for the underweight one? My husband weighs about 122 #, and is approximately 5'8". I should be so lucky! Last time I weighed 122# I was in 7th grade, and that was a LONG time ago. We haven't officially started on Schwarzbein yet, just talking about it and trying to get geared up to start. I thought joining this group might help us to get motivated.

lisaf
Thu, Jul-25-02, 13:11
Donna -

According to the SP book...if your husband is seriously underweight, when he eats according to her plan, he should put on weight. This WOE will is supposed to bring the body into balance at its ideal weight.

I'll be interested to hear how he responds -- we don't often get a chance to see the weight gain side of it as most people are here to lose weight.

122...wow! I was probably in Grade 7 or 8 myself!

Lisa