PDA

View Full Version : getting back on the horse

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

plumfairy
Mon, Jul-22-02, 17:37
hiya peeps, 2 yrs ago i lost 25 kg on atkins and i found it so easy, then came summer and all that beautiful fruit and hot weather, i found it difficult to resist and fell off the horse so to speak, and in the past 1.5 years gained back all my 25 kgs :( plus an extra 500 grams, i've only got myself to blame but do any of you have any suggestions on how to get that motivation back, i know what i need to do, i know whats healthy for me so why am i having such a hard time doing it? it seems harder now than the first time i did it.......

Rosebud
Tue, Jul-23-02, 15:48
Hi Plumfairy,

Welcome! :wave:

Have you had a good look around the rest of this wonderful site?
Check out the orange bar at the top of the screen - lots of useful info there - especially Low Carb Tips.
Also, if you go to Newbies' Questions, have a look at Hot Links - a "sticky" at the top. you'll find links to heaps of previous threads with loads and loads of interesting stuff.

Okay, where were we? :p
I can only suggest that you have a reread of your CAD book and start again from scratch. Do you want to stick with CAD? If you are thinking maybe another plan might suit you better, check "Which Low carb Plan is Right For me?" at the right hand side of the screen.
I would also suggest that you start a journal here. It's a good way to keep track of what's happening food wise. It's also a good way to make new friends who will pop in with advice and encouragement.

HTH

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

plumfairy
Wed, Jul-24-02, 17:04
thanks rosebud for the reply, i don't think i will stick with CAD, i thought in my infinate wisdom that CAD would be an easier way to get back into that old routine of low carbing, i should have known better, i am going to reread the atkins book and get myself psyched up for a restart, until i reach the point where i feel confident enough in myself that i will stick to it, i'm going to concentate my efforts on total well being and get my head off of just weight loss, i want to be healthier and happier in the new year and just losing weight isn't going to make that happen, perhaps i will start a journal, we shall see

see ya around :))

Cinderella
Wed, Jul-24-02, 17:19
I want to congradulate you on getting back on a plan. I also gained back everything I lost on adkins about 2 years ago. I had quit smoking, had an accident...and lived on carbs for about 1.5 years...I understand where you are coming from...but just think of it this way>>>are you not glad that you didn't wait another year or so before getting back into the swing of things!! Just think of how far along you will be in a year from now....wahooo

good for you....and welcome!

Cin