PDA

View Full Version : Lots of hope and enthusiasm

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Iguana978
Sat, Jul-20-02, 12:30
Hi everyone! I'm in this for about 4 weeks now, and even though I've only added a few grams of carbs here and there, I seemed to have lost only a few ounces since induction ended. I take a low dosage of thyroid med. I did add a cup of regular coffee in the am- I missed that more than anything else! I eat some sugar free jello with Splenda-sweetened heavy cream OR a glass of Diet Rite soda if I have a sweet craving, but thats not every day. Salads are mostly lettuce, swiss chard and kale. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just impatient? I seemed to go into ketosis ok, and the stick registers trace to small most of the time. Are plateaus normal this early in the diet? I don't have a whole lot to lose, but those pounds are important to me. I'm determined to not give in to the people who say, Oh, at your age you can't expect to weigh what you did in your twenties. I am fairly active, and I don't see why a spare tire should be inevitable.

LittleAnne
Sat, Jul-20-02, 12:38
Hi Iguana and welcome to this forum. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. :cheer: That is really good for 4 weeks, almost 50% of the way. As you do not have so much to loose I suspect that your body is taking a week or so to adjust. Keep on doing what you are and I suspect that you will begin to loose again. Be patient, it may just be a pound a week. Remember though this is a way of life and so think about how you will permanently change your eating habits once you are down to your target weight.