PDA

View Full Version : Brand New

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SCcheri
Fri, Jul-19-02, 13:33
Hi, my name is Cheri and I'm a freelance writer who lives in South Carolina. For most of my life I was slim and trim. When I hit 45 the pounds started coming on. I'm now carrying about 30-35 pounds in excess weight. I have what may be a stupid question. I was wondering if any of you had about the same amount of weight to take off. I've been thinking about starting low carbing for some time, but always seemed to read how people who needed to lose substantially more than me were having success. Is this diet appropriate for any and all amounts of weight loss?

Talon
Fri, Jul-19-02, 13:46
Welcome Cheri! :wave:

Low Carb eating is not necessarily a "diet", but a way of eating for optimal health. So yes, we have many here who need/or have needed to loose 10 to 400+ pounds!

Most of us who follow this WOE (Way of eating) are doing it for life. Oftentimes if you use this as a tool to just lose weight, and then go back to the way your were eating, the weight will most likely come back.

Look around this site, and familiarize yourself with all the benefits to this way of eating - not only weight loss, you might be surprised! Some include: more energy, lower cholesterol, blood sugar under control, hunger under control, and many many more.

Whatever you choose, make sure you take your vitamins!

SCcheri
Fri, Jul-19-02, 13:52
Thanks, Talon. I will wander around and review the site. So far I think this site is one of the most informative I have found.

VictoriaT
Fri, Jul-19-02, 15:06
Hello
IF you go to journals under R look up Rawsienna. She is a friend of mine and she is about the same weight as you. She is 5 4. Im not sure how tall you are, but go head and write in her journal.
She is a nut and a lot of fun! She will give you some great pictures and advice and a TON of laughs.

I think that LC is for anyone. I have another LC friend NOT2FAT (She has a journal also under N) who only has to lose like 20 lbs. You may want to talk to her as well!!!

Of course, you are always welcome to hang out in my journal as well. The more the merrier.

If you go to the buddy up section you can ask for poeple who are your similar weight if you so choose. You may even be able to find people in SC.

Then..........when this is all said and done, you can write a free lance piece on how great a low carb diet is and how great you feel :thup:

Good luck!!!
Vicki :wave:

Shells3d
Sat, Jul-20-02, 08:04
I have about the same to lose.. I am 169.5 and want to get to 140. I went from 174 to 168 on the 2 weeks of induction and am still on it. I went up a lb...can get frustrating but they say you should lose 10% of weight u want to lose withn those 2 weeks and I surpassed it!!And then 5% for every month afterwards..If u want to hook up and talk each other off the edge from time to time...I'll be here!!
P.s. I have a friend from Anderson...do u know any Wilsons?

SCcheri
Sun, Jul-21-02, 10:03
Hey Shells,

I don't know any Wilsons, but then I haven't lived here that long. We moved from Charlottesville, VA.

I would love to hook up so that we can keep each other inspired and on the plan!

glenzilly
Sun, Jul-21-02, 11:40
You moved from Charlottesville?! I went to the University of Virginia 1997-2001. Live in Arizona now but would love to retire back at Charlottesville.

Glen

SCcheri
Sun, Jul-21-02, 13:22
That's a big thumbs up for Charlottesville. The country is truly beautiful there and the climate is mild without the triple-digit temps and humidity that South Carolina has to offer. Crozet, Virginia would be my pick for retirement. Wake up every morning and look out on the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains.