PDA

View Full Version : new to lo-carb!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

FionaDoug
Fri, Jul-19-02, 13:32
Hi, my husband and I have just finished reading Scwarzbein Principle and ready to get started. We've been looking at our diets for awhile, and this makes the most sense to us. Looking forward to hearing about others who have done this. It really is going to be a whole new way of eating for us, we are big carb junkies right now (and thought we were doing the right things!)

VictoriaT
Fri, Jul-19-02, 15:03
Hey Fiona and Doug (I presume)
WELCOME!!!! :D

Yeah, join the club on the "low fat dieting" is the way to go OLD motto. We all thought that.

Low carb (LC) is truly the best thing that I ever decided to do. I feel so great-you and your hubby may feel a bit sluggish at first from giving up the carbs and sweets. ITs just your body telling you its getting rid of the yukky sugars!!!

You can eat some really great stuff!!!

Good luck! Open up your own journal and look around everyone elses and you will make some really supportive LC friends here who will accompany you on your journey!!!!

Have a great weekend
Vicki :wave:

razzle
Sun, Jul-21-02, 08:11
hi F&D!

I really like Scwarzbein, too--very sustainable for life, and her focus on health (rather than weight loss at any cost) is also wonderful.

Keep reading, keep posting, and enjoy the forum