PDA

View Full Version : introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Spring1958
Fri, Jul-19-02, 10:10
I have returned to low carb woe after a long time away because of illness. I am a retired grandma and care for my 91 yr old mother. She has alzhiemers. (lots of stress in my life) I had lost 45lbs before and gained it all back when I returned to eating carbs. I just finished 2 weeks of induction and started at 198 and now am 190.5 :yay: I feel great and look forward to my goal of 135.

Spring :wiggle:

lilwannabe
Fri, Jul-19-02, 11:34
Welcome to the board Spring.

I can certainly understand your stress. I am a nurse-aide...so deal with dementia at times too....I hope that you have some help with your mother...I hope that you are able to take some time for yourself...

We are here to support you. :wave:

pegm
Fri, Jul-19-02, 11:56
Welcome, Spring, and congrats on your return to low carb. I am also a grandmother, though not retired yet, and I help care for my mother who has Huntington's Disease, so I know what you mean about stress. Hang in there and keep us posted about your progress.

Spring1958
Sat, Jul-20-02, 00:31
Thanks Anita and Peg for the encouragement . I see that you both understand what dealing with mental illness includes.
Peg, I am sorry about your mom. I commend you both for your weight losses. I do have a wonderful gal who helps me with mom and I am very thankful for her. I saw 2020 tonight. They concentrated on his wealth more than how many people he has helped with his books and products. I suppose Jenney Craig and Weight Watchers haven't earned money. Even when they
begrudgingly acknowledge that people lose on his program and are healthy they still cast suspicion on the safety of lowcarbing .
No one is so blind as those who refuse to see. I will get off my soap box now:roll:

Spring