PDA

View Full Version : Hello to the Low-Carbing community!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bungle
Fri, Jul-19-02, 01:05
Hello Everyone !

I'm new to this old Low Carbing business after reading numerous
aticles in the newspaper. I've been on various diets over the years and I have been trying to maintain my weight for about the last 4-5 years but find it sooooooooo difficult especially as I have tended to feel hungry most of the time (must have been the coarbohydrates). These low carb diets, and ways of eating look like they might be the answer ! :)

Just to say that this website is excellent, I only came across it while trying to find out about Ketosis, but obviously found out loads more.

Good luck to all the sugar banishers!

LittleAnne
Sat, Jul-20-02, 12:42
Hi Bungle

Thanks for joining this site. I think the low carbohydrate way of life is great. I have been living it for nearly a year now. I am much healthier than before, more alert and need less sleep. Oh, and of course I have lost weight. Not as much as I would like, but it is coming off slowly.

I notice that you have not much to loose and suspect you have joined more out of interest. Cutting your carbs, particularly from sugar and flour will help your general health and make you more alert.

razzle
Sun, Jul-21-02, 08:35
I'm glad you found us, and yes, it's a great site (I can say that without bragging, cuz I can't claim to have made it what it is!)

LC has been getting good press in the mass media this month, and about time! It's an easy way to lose weight (jeepers, bacon and cream cheese and butter, and I can still lose?), and more importantly, it's a healthy way to do it. The return of essential fatty acids to the diet, the elimination of processed, man-made carbs--you'll be shocked how much better you feel!

Best of luck to you on your journey.

paws
Mon, Jul-22-02, 19:25
I am new to this website and don't know what I am doing yet. I started on Atkins diet two monthes ago and have lost 25 lbs. I hope to be able to "talk" with others here and be able to keep up my weight loss mind set.

Ms Bungle
Wed, Jul-24-02, 14:36
Originally posted by Bungle
Hello Everyone !

I'm new to this old Low Carbing business after reading numerous
aticles in the newspaper. I've been on various diets over the years and I have been trying to maintain my weight for about the last 4-5 years but find it sooooooooo difficult especially as I have tended to feel hungry most of the time (must have been the coarbohydrates). These low carb diets, and ways of eating look like they might be the answer ! :)

Just to say that this website is excellent, I only came across it while trying to find out about Ketosis, but obviously found out loads more.

Good luck to all the sugar banishers!

Hi Bungle,
I like your nickname. :) Well I am pretty new here too. Welcome.