PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Spreads and Sauces in Australia

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Aussie Jo
Sun, May-13-01, 00:02
Dear All,

Through the link on this site to a low carb site in New Zealand, I found out that there is a New Zealand firm called "Jok'n Al" that makes sugar free spreads and sauces. I have been in contact with them and found that they distribute into Australia via Diabetes Australia- Queensland branch only. Apparently they sell via mail order. I have asked for a catalogue, and will hopefully get more information then. However the guy from Jok'n'Al , tells me that they will be distributing to Melbourne soon, and expect Sydney will follow soon after. I will keep you posted.

Joanne

td2227
Wed, Nov-14-01, 05:05
Can you please give me a number that I can call to order these sauces.

Thanks
Tracie

kezza
Mon, Nov-19-01, 08:44
yes, me too please. I want to buy those sugar free sauces too.
thanks,
kezza

sammiejam
Sun, Dec-02-01, 18:36
me too please!!

but i am not sure what i will spread them on as bread is out...

Aussie Jo
Sun, Dec-23-01, 16:26
Hi guys,

Hate to reply that catalogues etc... never arrived. I have been picking up a sugar free fruit spread from my local fruit market brand is called "Gabby's"- they are approx 46% carbs still though. Sounds high- but I use it very sparingly and infrequently on the almond cookies with a dollop of thickened cream (Yum).

Will let you know if I come across anything else.

Cheers,

Jo

K-Louise
Sun, Dec-23-01, 20:33
The URL for this company is

http://www.joknal.co.nz/

I saw today that Coles sells a carbohydrate modified ice-cream 9 gms per 100ml. I can see a use for the toppings for that occassional treat.

:cheer:

Kim