PDA

View Full Version : newbie here in search of...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dietmom200
Wed, Jul-17-02, 20:02
Hi my name is Brandy I am going to start CAD on 07-18-2002. I did CAD about 4 years ago and I loved it then I had babies, OUCH!!! I want to start again. I am at all time high of 225 and am falling apart and feeling old before my time. What I think really helped me last time was having a buddy to chat with. Will someone be my buddy, Please? My email address is dietmom2002~yahoo.com. I would actually love to find somebody in Arizona but I would be happy to have anyone. Please let me know if you can help

SkiniMini
Wed, Jul-17-02, 22:51
Hi Brandy,

Your story sounds similar to mine. Although I'm doing Atkins now, I did CAD before I had my babies too. And yes....yikes! It seems to be inevitable that mommies have a little extra to get rid of after our sweet angels are born.

I also live in Arizona. I have posted a support group listing under the "Countdown" category for stay-at-home moms that have 50+ more to lose if you want to check that out. I don't know if you're at home or not, but we all need support no matter what our jobs are, right? :)

You can post a reply to that site or send me a private message if you're interested. Hope to hear from you.

I wish you the best tomorrow as you begin CAD again!

Donna :wave:

dietmom200
Thu, Jul-18-02, 13:33
Thank you so much for replying. Where is az are you? I am a stay at home mom as well. I will check out the board you gave to me. Can I ask why you switched from CAD to Atkins?

SkiniMini
Thu, Jul-18-02, 13:52
Great to hear back from you! I'm in Tucson. I don't see many other Arizona moms online, but I'm sure they're out there. :)

Some friends of mine had great success with Atkins so a few of us got together to see how it would work for us. One dropped out already, but one other friend and I are sticking with it. I liked the reward meal with CAD and may end up switching back to that if Atkins doesn't work out well. It's different for everyone. There are so many LC plans out there that it can be confusing. I definitely like the way I feel on this WOE vs. low-fat diets. Real guacamole and sour cream...what's not to like about that! ha

It is a challenge to be a SAHM and be around food all day. That's when I noticed my weight really coming on, although I've struggled with weight all my life. I thought I had it "under control" until after pregnancy and...well. :eek:

I check that countdown thread often so I hope you check it out so we can keep in touch.

Donna

pre3teach
Fri, Jul-19-02, 08:46
Hi. My name is Karen. I have been on CAD some time ago and alos switched to Adkins. I found that the reward meals became too tempting. As I got closer to goal it seemed that it was harder to lose. I found that on CAD I would eat a reward meal for lunch and then would mess up in the evening so I would have to restart the next day. If I used the evening meal as my reward meal I would do much better.

I like the Adkins because of Ketosis which helps you burn more fat. I also don't have the sugar cravings anymore. But CAD is great too.

We love those babies but hate those lbs!!!!! :eek: