PDA

View Full Version : introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DHYNAMOHUM
Wed, Jul-17-02, 12:31
hello my name is Ed and I am interested in a Low Carb diet. I am having some trouble navigating this site so any help would be appreciated!

Talon
Wed, Jul-17-02, 12:37
Hi Ed! :wave:

The site was a little confusing to me at first too. My best tip if you just want to see the new posting is to click on "View New Posts" that is on the main Forum page (right under Welcome, and when your last visit was!)

It'll pull up a good bit of posts, but they are fairly easy to just skim the subjects and only read the ones that interest you.

Good luck on your WOE!

DHYNAMOHUM
Wed, Jul-17-02, 13:00
Thanks alot, I do appreciate your reply.

VictoriaT
Wed, Jul-17-02, 13:37
Hi Ed and Welcome!
You will get used to it (And addicted to the wonderful people and recipes on here) very shortly!!!

A good thing to do besides the advice already given to you is to start a journal. Go to HOME and click on Newbie questions. Tamarian tells you how to start a journal.
You can keep track of what you eat, when you exercise, how you feel and until you figure out this site people will come to you!! They will come visit and introduce themselves to offer support and encouragement. I know I will!!!

Best of luck --this is a wonderful site!!
Vicki :wave:

VictoriaT
Wed, Jul-17-02, 13:38
Ed
Sorry to post twice. We also have a TRIPLE DIGITS CLUB for people who need to lose more than 100 lbs. There are some great things going on in there. Also, you can meet Donald-the resident celebrity who has been LC and lost a lot of weight AND offers some :yum: recipes in the process!!!

Go visit there as well!!!

Vicki

penelope
Wed, Jul-17-02, 14:16
Welcome to this site . :)
I aggree with every ones advice you 'll love it here .
Have a great start :wave:

DHYNAMOHUM
Wed, Jul-17-02, 16:37
thank you very much for your replies, I am interested in any assistance I can obtain.

lilwannabe
Wed, Jul-17-02, 16:49
Welcome...

I think you will find that you never stop learning about this way of eating on here...it amazes me still how much I learn everyday on here...

Be aware...the first few days your body will be detoxifing...you will go through withdrawls from sugar and flour...you will not feel well...headachy...grumpy...and tired are common symptoms...I suffered for 8 days...after that I was full of energy...the amount of time it takes depends on how addicted your body is to "Carbage". Try taking some supplements...I take a B stress tab...and potassium is important too...I take many others, but that should start you off...if you find you are having really bad cravings...get some GTF Chromium...this helps. Watch for trigger foods..ie..Artifical Sugar...your body may respond to them the same as real sugar...then you will find yourself craving more...eat plenty of protein and fat...fat is your friend on this WOE ( way of eating) it helps you get full and stay full longer...you can track what you eat ~ www.fitday.com. It is free and many of us use it...

Good luck to you.