PDA

View Full Version : So Glad I Found You All!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DixieChic
Sun, Jul-14-02, 19:57
I just want to say what a wonderful site this is! I have been lurking for several weeks now and finally decided to join you all. First a little about me. I am 29 years old and have been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. During my early 20's I lost about 50 lbs. on a low fat diet but quickly gained the weight back once I was married. I finally decided earlier this year I had to do something about my weight and I came across the CAD.

I have been on again off again the diet since Jan. of this year, but I have managed to keep 10lbs off. Well, now I am determined to see this diet through to the end! Currently I am following the older CAD version and I have been very satisfied with the results. I will most likely keep following this version until I see I need to change!

I need to do this for my health and for my family. I already have high blood pressure and cannot find the energy to keep up with my very active 2 year old! I just want to be healthier.

I look forward to being a part of this group!

DixieChic

Libbyfcr
Tue, Jul-16-02, 10:56
Well, now I am determined to see this diet through to the end!

Glad to have you here. One of the first things I learned that helped my on my way to good health was that this is not a diet with an end in sight. It is a way of life that we can stick with for the rest of our lives, live with, enjoy and be happy with.

I need to do this for my health and for my family. I already have high blood pressure and cannot find the energy to keep up with my very active 2 year old! I just want to be healthier.

This is the final straw for many of us. Health and Children are a wonderful motivation. I am still amazed at how much better I feel by not hauling around all that extra weight all the time. Eating LC was like the cure to my disease.

See ya around!!
Libby

Wanda L
Mon, Jul-29-02, 10:47
Hello Dixie Chic:

I started this diet today 7/30, and I also raead the CAD Book, in the book for the first two weeks dosent mention any salad before your RM. Can you give me some examples on your 3 meals a day, so I can have an idea, also do you snak in betwen if you get hungry and if not what do you do if you get hungry in between. I am 38 years old have two girls, need to loose about 15 pounds. I was on the Atkin's and lost 8, but I know I will cheat if I keep without eating any carbs, I wasn't even eating with my family !! so that is why i decided to change to CAD.

Thanks,