PDA

View Full Version : Vita-nutrient supplements & breastfeeding?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

meshauna
Mon, Feb-19-01, 11:21
I was wondering if anyone knew if it was safe to take the basic regimen of vita-nutrient supplements (i.e. the Dieter's Advantage, Basic #3, and Essential Oils--I believe) that Dr. Atkins recommends in his book while breastfeeding? If anyone has any information please let me know!

doreen T
Mon, Feb-19-01, 17:45
re- breastfeeding and nutritional supplements - These should be fine .... I don't know the precise amounts of each vitamin, etc.... but there should be nothing harmful for your baby. While breastfeeding, you should ensure a daily intake of 1500 mg calcium and 400 units of vitamin D, you may wish to take extra supplements of these, since if you are lowcarbing, you are likely not consuming huge amounts of dairy foods. Also, take iron supplements as recommmended by your doctor.

Aside from that, how are you doing? Are you still following Atkins diet? Please let us know, I'm sure other members would really appreciate knowing your experience.

Take care,
Doreen