PDA

View Full Version : Allergic to creatine???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Niky Brady
Wed, Jul-10-02, 19:04
Has anyone had any side affects while using creatine? Lately my chest back arms and thighs have broken out in these little white bumps. They itch and it is driving me crazy. The only thing I changed since this started was I've started using creatine. 5g before and after my workout. To be honest I haven't really noticed any change since I started using the creatine either. Workouts are the same as always. I stopped taking it today when I figured out last night that that might have been causeing this rash-like thing. It's like the creatine is trying to get out through my skin. Is this possible or could it be something else?

Natrushka
Wed, Jul-10-02, 19:12
Niky, I'm hoping someone with more experience with creatine comes along. I've never heard of anything like what you describe happening with this supplement. Most general warnings about creatine are to be sure you drink extra water as it is dehydrating and to not drink alcohol within 2-3 hours of taking creatine (also be alcohol is dehydrating). But that's it.

Is your creatine just creatine? Nothing extra added to it?

Nat

Niky Brady
Fri, Jul-12-02, 08:40
Nope, Nat. Just plain old pure creatine monohydrate powder. 4.5g per tsp. Nothing else. No alcohol at all this past week either (I started spitting out my samples in class ;) )
The past two days I haven't been taking it and my bumps seem to be going away. Wierd, huh?

tamarian
Fri, Jul-12-02, 09:12
Sounds like you are allergic to it. The good news is, the change in workout due to creatine isn't much, in my experience, and it seems to be the case with you as well since you didn't notice any improvements.

Wa'il