PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm new to this!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Hils_UK
Wed, Jul-10-02, 06:51
Dear All

The lure of good food and losing weight has convinced me to try the 'low-carb' way - plus the fact that I'm convinced that there is something wrong with my metabolism/sugar levels/thyroid although my doctor has said otherwise. Have also tried the Weight Watcher diet which worked well until I stopped 'dieting'!

I've started my first day on the New High Protein Diet (Prof. Charles Clark) and have lots of queries - if anyone else is trying this programme and would like to email me, it would be appreciated!

Hopefully I'm doing okay - scrambled egg on one slice of buttered (oooohhhh) wholemeal toast, salad with Hellmans proper mayo (yummy), baby plum tomatoes, parma ham, olives, feta cheese and a few slices of orange pepper. Had two cups of tea with a splash of semi-skimmed milk plus one cup without milk (not very nice). Comments would be welcome....

Thanks, Hils :spin:

destro
Wed, Jul-10-02, 08:39
Welcome, Hils, and I am very happy to see you here. I am from the USA and am not certain if your plan has been published here. But I can tell you that there are many members from the UK and I hope that you find someone who can help you with any more specific questions you might have.

As for myself, I am on a low-carb way of eating and have lost 35 pounds in just a few months. And, amazing to say, have not felt at all deprived or hungry. I am also a diabetic (Type II) and this is the first time I have had ideal blood sugar readers.

So although I don't have much information to share with you, I want to welcome you to this forum where you will find a lot of advice, support, and friendly people.

Congratulations for choosing the low-carb way!

Natalie

Kristine
Wed, Jul-10-02, 08:54
Hi Hils! I know what you mean about feeling like there's something wrong, even though your tests come back normal. For me, it was the fact that every time I'd eat pasta, white bread etc, I'd get heart palpitations and the "sugar shakes," then later I'd feel so sleepy I'd want to pass out. Now that I'm eating low carb, this never happens anymore. I feel great: plus my acne has cleared up, my PMS is gone, I sleep better... many good side effects!

I've never heard of the diet you're on. Keep us posted on you're doing. Good luck!

Atriana
Wed, Jul-10-02, 09:26
Welcome to the board, Hils!
I am not familiar with the low carb plan you are using but I am sure that if it is low carb not only will you lose weight but you will also feel better - both physically and mentally. Starting a journal is one thing you might consider - it is an excellent motivational tool and it offers a chance for other low carbers to offer advice, insight and friendship. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Hils_UK
Thu, Jul-11-02, 03:59
Pleased to hear I'm not alone - very interested to read that this could improve my PMT!!