PDA

View Full Version : newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ashok Shah
Sun, Jul-07-02, 15:10
Hi,

i am totally new to this and low carb eating.

I would be very grateful if anyone could please answer the following for me.

I normal have a pint of red top door step milk for breakfast. I can't eat fried eggs without bread, hate boiled eggs abd pork. Any ideas what i could possible have for breakfast?. Are banana's ok?

Also i am drink about 10 mugs of tea a day with green label milk. Any subsitutes?

Please help

Ashok Shah
Sun, Jul-07-02, 15:14
I should have added that i drink alot of diet coke too

tofi
Sun, Jul-07-02, 15:59
Hello Ashok & welcome. There are 2 things that you should do.

1. Tomorrow go out and buy the paperback book for the diet plan you are going to follow and READ IT. Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, Protein Power Life Plan, or any of the others. Everything you need is in there. You can also find them at many libraries but it's better to have your own copy.

2. In the meantime, go to the Newbies Questions and click on Hot Links. Many questions are answered there.

You really can't just ask questions without reading the book because many have already been answered well and at length on this board and you need to see the whole picture.

If you decide to follow a low carb plan, you have to be prepared to change some of your previous "life rules" like 'I can't eat fried eggs without bread'. Unless you are willing to really do exactly what the diet plan says, you can't expect it to work.

Many people are really afraid that they won't be able to 'do without' certain foods. If you really follow the way of eating in your plan, it's only a few days before you wonder why you ever thought like that. Bananas are not on LC plans to begin with, nor is milk. Protein, salad and certain vegetables are the basis of all of them. If you don't like pork, try beef, chicken, scrambled eggs, cheese, fish. There are lots of recipes in that section of this board. I also am addicted to tea with milk, but I quit because of the caffeine and the milk. And now I have changed my old habit. So can you, if you want to.

I do hope you will prepare yourself by reading a book and looking at those Hot Links because that will lead to success. Patience and persistence are needed on this way of eating, because it is not a quick weight loss diet; it is a change in your eating forever.

All the best.

:wave:

fiona
Sun, Jul-07-02, 17:30
Hi :wave: Ashok

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have lots to learn. As Tofi suggested you have to get yourself a book and read up. It will help you with the preparation and planning of how you follow the LC WOE.

Until then work your way through the Quick Links on the right, and the STICKY threads in Newbies Questions. Hot Links (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?threadid=28939) is one of them.

Bread, bananas and milk are definitely out to start with. Try Green Tea instead.

Take care.