PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty sleeping

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Doug H
Sun, Jul-07-02, 10:23
Hi folks, this is my first post to this excellent and informative forum.
After low carbing for three days or so, I develop difficulty sleeping. Basically I can't fall asleep unless I eat some carbs, at which time I konk right out.
I'd like to stop this as it is defeating the program. My MD who is a big advocate of PP gave me a sleeping pill prescription to help, but I'd rather find another solution. He says he's seen this before.
Has anybody else experienced this issue?

TeriDoodle
Sun, Jul-07-02, 19:02
Hi Doug!! Welcome to the forum!!

Yes, it's a problem I've heard a few times since I've been a member here. There's an excellent area in the Newbies Questions area, it's a "stickie" called "hot links" with all kinds of useful threads. There's one there called "Can't Sleep!" Here's the link (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28884).

I hope that helps... You'll be sleeping tight very soon!! Hang tough!

RCFletcher
Sat, Aug-24-02, 05:17
I also have difficulty sleeping. I often get up two or three times a night and have to eat something. Lately I've tried eating large pices of cucumber and drinking a glass of water. My weight loss speeded up after I stopped nibbling on cheese. The only other thing I've tried with moderate success is drinkling a cup of cocoa (type with no suger) or camomile tea just before going to bed.

Good luck - if you discover anything better let me know! :thup:

All the best
Robert

Kaki
Sat, Aug-24-02, 05:59
I too had trouble the first two weeks of LCing. Now I sleep like a rock!! Maybe my body just needed to get use to the new way of eating. I was feeling a lot of different things on induction. Many not too pleasant but they all disapeared on their own and now I feel great. Been LCing since the first week of July.

Just hang in there! Hope you checked out those links that Terri suggested and found a solution that worked for you.

Karin

paul_poco
Wed, Aug-28-02, 20:30
I am just over two weeks in.

I had problems sleeping the first 3 days or so too.

Paul