PDA

View Full Version : cad/calp weekend

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lowco
Sat, Jul-06-02, 08:51
hey ,

well i guess i am alone here. i'll post anyway. Someone will pop in, at least they'll have company.

had 2 cad days. I totally skiped salad and protein AT RM. I am calping today. It's hard for me to balance cause anytime i have carbs i am NOT INTERESTED IN VEGGIES AND PROTEIN. bUT I KNOW CALP IS THE BEST WAY to control those carvings, but cad is so much easier......

163 this morning....

162/163/160(mini goal)

Greenstar
Sun, Jul-07-02, 09:45
Hello !

I Haven't started yet ( tomorrow ) but I read both CAD and CALP books and this is CAD I prefer ( easier ). I will see later if I want to switch to CALP ...

I think I am gonna be like you, once I will have eaten all the carbs, I am sure the veggies will be left behind ... :o

Patrick.

Wise1
Mon, Jul-08-02, 08:50
I started CAD last week and went up and down on the scale but it's all good with me! I did however have a huge fight with ice cream on Saturday and the ice cream won :( but I got right back on track and I'm feeling good again.

I have not read the calp book can you tell me the differences in the two?

Happy low carbing!

Heather

lowco
Mon, Jul-08-02, 18:24
the same rules apply for complementary meals

calp: at reward meal you eat 1/3 carbs,1/3 protein, 1/3 veggies.
imagine that your plate is separated in 3 sections. If you want more carbs, you have to have more veggies and protein. it's a great balance.

i am still working on starting calp...cad is a no brainer, you just eat what you want at reward meal

good luck!

tigerww
Wed, Jul-10-02, 12:32
I've been doing CALP with great success--16 lbs. off in 8 weeks. I don't think I'd do as well with CAD, as binging on carbs was a big problem for me. I could easily pack away thousands of calories in that 1 hour reward meal. With CALP, I'm able to have a balanced meal--basicly a CM with dessert--and the results are great.