PDA

View Full Version : Muffins - try these truly amazing Flax muffins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rob
Sat, Jul-06-02, 05:51
1/4 cup flax seed -- grind - should make 1/2 cup ground
1/4 cup protein powder ( low carb)
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup artificial sweetener -- splenda is best
1 egg -- beaten
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons banana extract -- or flavor of choice
1/4 teaspoon salt substitute -- gives potassium
1 ounce chopped nuts -- optional
1/2 cup water

Mix the above, let sit for a few minutes to thicken if necessary. Spoon into 6 non-stick
(spray with pam) muffin tins. careful they dont stick
Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.(175 deg C)

Carbs not more than 15 in total ,2.5 per muffin

according to fitday.com ECC of Flax seeds is 7 g /0.25 cup seeds and protein is 6.5 g/0.25 cup . We all know the benefits of Flax ?

They come out lovely and moist and yumm yumm when cooled . Be experimental and use a cream cheese frosting for variety

Rob

Rob
Mon, Jul-08-02, 05:24
Yeeeehhaaaaaaaa !!! :cheer:

I'm getting addicted to these delicious treats that are so totally out of this world .

Unbelievabley good to eat

Rob

LStump
Sat, May-12-07, 15:07
Ive got a whole box of flax that I've only used to thicken my rev rolls to make them more bread like! I've been searching these boards for something yummy to do (Im going to try to make a bread for some pizza, too) and this sounds PERFECT. I'm going to add chocolate flavoring!