PDA

View Full Version : Hi All!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LoCarbinIt
Thu, Jul-04-02, 17:29
Hi everybody I'm new around here. I'm hoping you've got room for one more. :p I have been LCing for 4 weeks now just about to go into week 5. I'm down 12 pounds so far. I've been surfing through some of the threads and I've been unable to find anyone following the same plan. I follow a plan called God's Diet which was created by Dorothy Gault-McNemee, M.D. The jist of it is if you can pick it, pluck it, pull it from the earth, scale it, or hunt it you can eat it. I keep track of what I put in my face over at fitday and my highest carb day has been 77g. Which has me wondering is there a certain number of grams that a person has to eat under to be considered a LC'er? I feel like a new person and I won't go back to my old ways. I was a Dr. Pepper addict. :rolleyes: Can't wait to meet everyone! :wave:

Rosebud
Thu, Jul-04-02, 19:30
Hi there LoCarbinIt, welcome! :wave:

You've started very well, congratulations!

Your plan sounds very similar to the Paleo/Neanderthin type plan. Their plan is basically whatever food you can catch, or pick from the earth, too.

How many grams of carbs to be considered LC? Ah, you've asked the $64 question. :D I would say that considering the low fat/low cal "experts" advise us to eat 2-300 grams daily, 77 is still considered low. Relatively speaking.
We are all different, and while 77g may be too many for many other folk, (yes, I know you don't have that many every day :) ) it's obviously working for you.

Lo, how about starting a journal here? You may well be able to inspire others as you continue on your weight loss journey.

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

LoCarbinIt
Sat, Jul-06-02, 00:26
Hi Rosebud,

Thanks for the welcome. :D Apparently I have great taste b/c I've chosen roses for my signature also. :) I am giving thought to the journal idea but I already journal on 2 other BB. If anyone shows any interest I could just copy and paste from them over to here. I'll wait and see if anyone is interested first. :) Thanks again for the welcome.

I've already had to change my stats. Today was my WI and I'm down another 3 pounds for a total loss of 15 pounds! WOO!! HOO!! My WOE is great!! I started my LC journey on 8June02. :spin:

Thanks again for the welcome. I'm really starting to get a feel for this board. :)