PDA

View Full Version : Shaping up for life!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

alice 2002
Wed, Jul-03-02, 11:41
THis is the start of my gym logs. Actually for all my exercise...I was told this would be a great place to keep track. So here goes

July 2 2002

1 Hour of water arobics!! I pushed hard, and felt it. Today though my body feels tired, and so far it is an effort to do my job. That I am sure will pass.

fern2340
Wed, Jul-03-02, 13:04
Alice-
I am glad you started a gym log! I look forward to reading about your progress!

Linda

AngelaR
Thu, Jul-04-02, 04:12
Alice,
Good for you for starting a gym log!!!! You're going to love going back over your progress as time goes by.

You're one smart lady to start exercising near the start of your LC life. I wish now I had started earlier.

Soon you will feel so energized from working out, that nothing will be able to stop you. Have fun. Good luck!!!

alice 2002
Thu, Jul-04-02, 16:46
Thanks Linda and AngelaR for the encouragement. I need all I can get.

alice 2002
Thu, Jul-04-02, 19:38
Okay, tonight I did, 1/2 hour on recumbant cycle...then three reps of 10 each of leg curl, butterfly, pulldowns, pushouts and arm curls. with 10 pound weight.

I am not sure what each one is called exactly...but it felt like a good workout.

Kristine
Fri, Jul-05-02, 09:09
:cheer: Keep it up. :) Hope you're enjoying it!

alice 2002
Sun, Jul-07-02, 08:40
Thanks Kristine for the encouraging words!!! I am enjoying exercise, more than I thought.

Did recumbant cycle again, and weights same as the other day.

I am actually waiting for my copy of Body For Life to come in the mail. I am logged in on the BFL web site, but since I need to actually see what the exercise is, it is difficult to haul my computer down to the exercise room. I hope the book comes soon.

alice 2002
Mon, Jul-08-02, 08:36
Exercises the same as yesterday...getting boring. Hurry up and get her BFL book!!!!

alice 2002
Tue, Jul-09-02, 21:58
Good and tired.That is how I feel, did aquafit tonight. Good work out. I really felt my muscles working. Going again on Thursday night. Its one hour long, and the instructor really works you.

alice 2002
Thu, Jul-11-02, 19:14
Did nothing last night...... I had gone for massage and the darn massuese put my hip out. Arg. A long cool water bath..and some muscle relaxants did me in for the rest of the night. Too hot of a day for a hot bath.

Tonight 1 hour of aquafit...then an evening of reading. Finally got my Body For Life Book. I can hardly wait to read it.

alice 2002
Sun, Jul-14-02, 16:50
WOw, read the body for life book..and its terrific. I have the weights, but I needed a bench. Found one cheap and picked it up yesterday. Now I will begin on Monday. I want to photocopy the work sheets and make sure all my weights are close by.

I am so excited!!!

alice 2002
Tue, Jul-16-02, 14:15
Yesterday was my first day lifting weights, wow.

Upper body. Charted it down and found that I am first off slow, and second, not very strong. Couldn't lift very much or do all the reps, but I really pushed. Hey its a start.

Tonight is cardio, and tommorrow is lower body.

It makes me feel great doing the exercise.

I hope I can do this. I so want to be toned and fatless!!!

alice 2002
Wed, Jul-17-02, 16:35
Cardio was water arobics... but (wondering out loud) if I should also do the recommended in the book cardio as well.
If any one is reading this, what do you think?

Tonight I do lower body weights.

I love this exercise stuff. Wonder why I never stuck with it before ;) :wave:

alice 2002
Sat, Jul-20-02, 08:37
Did water arobics Thursday night, then friday night Upper body weights. I really pushed myself this time and when I was finished I was very sick to my stomach. I had some water and layed down for a few minutes. Today is cardio, the BFL way...as there isn't any aquafit again until Tuesday.

alice 2002
Sun, Jul-21-02, 21:41
Saturday did recumbant cycle BFL way. Today was my day off. Though I did go downstairs to do some exercise then realized that if I want to follow BFL I need to take this day off.

Never thought I would want to exercise every single day!!! Very unusual for me!!

alice 2002
Tue, Jul-23-02, 21:27
Monday was lower body weights. Can't believe how much I perspire when I exercise. Good thing I bring my water bottle. LOL

Tonight was again Recumbant cycle BFL style...... again perspired like crazy.

Good workout. No aqua fit,since we had a thunder and lightening storm, and the pool is an outdoor pool.

alice 2002
Wed, Jul-24-02, 20:15
Upper body workout done tonight. Boy do my biceps bulge now.LOL.

I know they will settle down by the morning, but its kinda cool to see them this way.

pegm
Fri, Jul-26-02, 06:22
WTG Alice -- you're doing great! I see you have an outdoor pool also -- I love to exercise in mine, too!

Have a great weekend.

alice 2002
Fri, Jul-26-02, 17:08
Thank you for the encouragement pegm!!! I really appreciate it.

I have a touch of the food poisoning (self inflicted) :mad: but I did most of my lower body weights today. I didn't dare do the abs, since my stomach is too queasy. :Puke:

Hardly ate anything today either. Can't tolorate much. Had two eggs this morning, which I almost lost..... then protein shake at lunch, and one for after workout. I don't think I can stand much else. Hope this doesn't put my body into starvation mode.

I definately hope to feel better soon.

alice 2002
Fri, Aug-02-02, 08:28
Feeling so much better. Into the third week of BFL. Feeling great increasing my weights, can do 30 pounds for my hamstrings, I am proud of that.

Still doing aquafit, on Tues and Thurs, for cardio.

Body fat going down 42% from 47% yahoo.

Weight coming off now 178.

My upper arms are toning quite nicely, actually feel the shape of my shoulders, cool, and hardly any more bat wings triceps!!

Almost ready for the half way thru picture.

Almost.

I am so very very proud! Gotta toot my own horn for once!!

:dazzle:

alice 2002
Wed, Aug-07-02, 21:33
Aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh.

I am so mad at myself.

Had company since last Tuesday.... and on Friday... well..... I stopped exercising. Not to sure why..... perhaps the stress of having company (relatives ya know)

Now I feel like I lost my incentive.

One good thing, I never stopped LCing.

alice 2002
Fri, Aug-09-02, 14:59
Went to aqua fit last night...... glad I did. Felt better. I still will wait until Monday to get back into weight lifting.

TOM is my excuse to get lazy.