PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Buster from Connecticut

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cherylco
Tue, Jul-02-02, 22:38
I've been battling fat most of my life it seems. I remember my mom saying "Give it to your brother it will look better on his hips then yours"
I knew the calorie count on everything I ate by the time I was 12! I wasn't fat but most of my relatives were on both sides.
I guess my mom helped because I didn't start gaining till I had my first kid. But I was able to lose it most of it. I never really lost the 30 pounds I gained from kid #2. Then I gained another 65 pounds when I had 2 strokes (I was only 32 at the time) and was on medication for 2 years (Prednisone and Cytoxan).
It's been 3 years since my strokes and I have come to the point where now that I'm not at deaths door I cannot stand all the extra weight!
I'm also afraid of another stroke or diabetes.
I've tried Slim-fast and went from 265 to 230. But I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for about 4 months now. I read Sugar Busters and it makes sense.

destro
Tue, Jul-02-02, 23:20
Greetings, Cherylco, and welcome to this lovely and helpful forum,

I grew up in New Haven, Connecticut. I really miss it. Moved to Ohio 17 years ago for a job opportunity. I don't get back to New Haven very often since nobody in my family lives in CT now.

It sounds like you have had a rough life and that you have gone through your difficulties with much grace. I admire you!

I am a Type II Diabetic; I encourage you to keep up with Sugar Busters. While I cannot say whether or not for an absolute positive fact my sugar addiction caused my diabetes, I am really almost 100% certain; especially since I had no family history.

I am so sorry about your strokes. That just seems so unfair for one as young as you are. I hope that you are taking something like warfarin (Coumadin) or at least aspirin. Both my husband and my mother have had strokes so I am an expert second-hand. The thing to remember is that the brain has a marvelous capacity to regenerate new growth and to relearn anything that might have been lost.

I hope that you find this forum as friendly and helpful and informative as I have!

Natalie

destro

I grew up in New Haven, Connecticut. I really miss it. Moved to Ohio 17 years ago for a job opportunity. I don't get back to New Haven very often since nobody in my family lives in CT now.

It sounds like you have had a rough life and that you have gone through your difficulties with much grace. I admire you!

I am a Type II Diabetic; I encourage you to keep up with Sugar Busters. While I cannot say whether or not for an absolute positive fact my sugar addiction caused my diabetes, I am really almost 100% certain; especially since I had no family history.

I am so sorry about your strokes. That just seems so unfair for one as young as you are. I hope that you are taking something like warfarin (Coumadin) or at least aspirin. Both my husband and my mother have had strokes so I am an expert second-hand. The thing to remember is that the brain has a marvelous capacity to regenerate new growth and to relearn anything that might have been lost.

I hope that you find this forum as friendly and helpful and informative as I have!

Natalie

destro

Natalie

destro

Natalie

destro

Natalie

destro
Tue, Jul-02-02, 23:29
I am so sorry that my post appeared multiple times.

I have tried to delete them all but one, but the software keeps telling me that I don't have permission to delete. I will keep at it.

Working with an old, slow, poky computer here.

Natalie

cherylco
Wed, Jul-03-02, 10:07
I live in Bridgeport right now. Grew up in Darien and Stamford. Bridgeport is cleaning up real nice though compared to years ago.
Yes I take an asprin every day. Don't need Cumidin anymore because I'm out of the wheelchair. Weird thing re-learning how to walk after doing it for 32 years :)
Are you doing Sugar Busters also?

destro
Wed, Jul-03-02, 10:13
I am so happy that you are learning how to walk again.

I have not yet read SUGAR BUSTERS but really should, especially since I am a diabetic. I am still quite new to this and have not read nearly all the books out there yet.

I hope that you have a great low-carb day!

Natalie