PDA

View Full Version : Post your daily menus here please...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lovetotest
Sat, Jun-29-02, 21:31
Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some samples of how you are eating on a daily basis. I am on day 19 of Induction and have lost just about 13lbs. My starting weight was 411 but on the 10th of June it was 370. I lost most of the other weight over the last few years. Thanks for helping out ;)

Hugs,
Linda

Jerzee
Mon, Jul-01-02, 08:17
My daily menu consists of:

Breakfast: Bacon, sausage, ham or steak'ums with 2 eggs.

Lunch: I eat a variety of foods for lunch, salads, boston market chicken, sub in a tub, bunless cheeseburgers or some lowcarb leftovers.

Dinner is anything from grilled chicken salad, roast turkey, sausage w/peppers and onions, shrimp, steak, stir fry and the list goes on.

For instance, yesterday I had steakums&cheese with a couple of scrambled eggs for breakfast. Lunch was a bbq cheeseburger, sliced tomato with mayo and some pork rinds. Dinner was lowcarbobs and cottage cheese. Lowcarbobs are keilbasa, cherry tomato's, green peppers, zucchini and mushrooms. I marinate the veggies in a vinagrette and then put them on the skewers along with the meat. Came out really good.

I hope this helps :D Take care Linda and don't be a stranger.

EmOhyousee
Mon, Jul-01-02, 12:22
My meals may seem boring, but right now structure works best for me.

Breakfast - carbsolutions shake - I use the powder either vanilla or chocolate and add stuff to it, eg - 2 frozen strawberries, 12 frozen blueberries, instant coffee, sf jello powder - just enough to add some variety

Lunch - a salad with chicken. Any lettuce but iceberg, currently I am hooked on caesar with chicken.

Snack - slim jims 3 small or 1 large throughout the day

Dinner - another carbsolutions shake with the variations listed above.

I also occasionally make sf pudding with pureed cottage cheese, a little cream and the mix, but watch this, it has 6 gms per serving.

I also found the hand - held blenders to be an absolute must have for the shakes. They don't taste gritty, very little after - taste.

Lastly, I drink at least 5 quarts, yes quarts of water a day. Not only does it help curb my appetite, but if the ketone strips are still turning pink with this much fluid, imagine the fat loss!

I have lost 12 pounds thus far eating this way. Hope this helps.

2OnAtkins
Mon, Jul-01-02, 12:31
Breakfast - 2 egg, ham, cheese omlete
1 cup hot decaf tea with 1 sweet n low
H20

Lunch - Grilled chicken breast with salad and bleu cheese dressing.
H20

dinner - 2 Grilled chicken breasts with either brussel sprouts or cauliflour
1 Sugar free jello with a little whipped cream

I hope this helps! You can also take a look at my journal b/c I post my daily menu there. I love to try new LC meals too.

Karen
Mon, Jul-01-02, 13:13
There's more inspiration in this forum too!

Daily Menus (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?forumid=115&s=)

Karen