PDA

View Full Version : Atkins Advantage Bars

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

crawlone
Sat, Jun-29-02, 18:44
I am in Induction and hungry ALL the time. Will eating 2 to 3 advantage bars daily decrease my weight loss?

TeriDoodle
Sun, Jun-30-02, 06:55
Advantage Bars should not be eaten on induction and only in very limited quantities after induction. They contain "hidden carbs".... you can find out more about hidden carbs by clicking on the link called "hidden carbs inspector" to your right and at the bottom.

If you are hungry "all the time", then eat as much as you want of the free foods listed in your Atkins book! You might also try drinking a glass of water when you feel hungry.... sometimes what feels like hunger, is actually thirst.

crawlone
Sun, Jun-30-02, 21:14
Thanks! I only bought them because Dr. Atkins' website stated that they were safe to eat during induction. Thanks Teri!

EmOhyousee
Sun, Jun-30-02, 22:15
I am just finishing the first week of my induction phase. The best way I found to control the hunger urges was by drinking tons and I mean TONS of water. :p Sure, I ran to the bathroom all the time, :rolleyes: but it has paid off in a big way - a 12 pound weight loss in one week :D !! I no longer feel the urges to eat, I keep a glass of ice water with me all the time. I read in a medical journal that the amount of water to consider consuming is your weight divided by 2, then take that number in ounces. It's difficult the first couple of days but it has paid off. Another thing I found with the bars for me was they tended to make me hungrier, not to mention the gylcerin they contain. Hope this helps and good luck! :spin:
Kim

crawlone
Sun, Jun-30-02, 22:43
Wow!Twelve pounds in one week! That's great! I will definitely start over on July !st with the bars eliminated and see how that works! Thanks!

DWRolfe
Mon, Jul-01-02, 11:47
I know Induction can be difficult...

Your body is adjusting in so many ways. But don't use the bars for now, regardless of what you may read.

TerriDoodle is right (she always is!), check out the stats of those bars using the Hidden Carb Counter and you'll find that they're not appropriate for you right now.

You can always revisit them later.

Right now, "free" foods and water are your closest friends...

Good luck and good health!

Donald :wave: