PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lovetotest
Fri, Jun-28-02, 10:19
Hi guys,

Linda here I have lots of weight to lose. I started this WOL on June 10th. I have about 220lbs to lose. I know that I feel so much better already. My appetite is finally getting under control some. It feels really good to not constantly looking for my next fix. I am not very strict as of yet. I am still eating fruit at this time. I am trying to eliminate it slowly. Do any of you eat fruit and oatmeal or rice on this wol. Talk to you soon.

Hugs,
Linda

:roll:

Atriana
Fri, Jun-28-02, 11:35
Hi and welcome to the board. Have your read Protein Power and The Protein Powwer Lifeplan by the Eades? They are much more liberal regarding fruit and such and a little more strict regarding fat - they use low fat dairy for example. Check out the link to Which Low carb Plan is right for Me (located on the right of your screen).
Welcome again!

DWRolfe
Fri, Jun-28-02, 12:37
So glad you've found the forum and the Triple Digits Club!

I know your weight goal may seem far away, but the further into the WOE you get, the more comfortable you get with all kinds of things, including the rate of your loss and the overall goal.

Lot's of support here, so make this forum an essential component in your program.

Good luck and good health to you...

P.S. Start a journal! And if you haven't already done so, take measurements. Sometimes progress is clear from measurements when the scale can be a bit stubborn.

Donald :wave:

OKwoer
Fri, Jun-28-02, 14:04
Hey Linda!

I just wanted to add my welcome. This is a geat place to learn and find encouragement when you hit a rough spot in your program. It looks like you are off to a great start...CONGRATULATIONS.

As for the fruit and oatmeal...I'm a firm believer that we each have to kinda find what works best for us. I know for me, there are certain carbs I absolutely must stay away from. Then there are others that don't cause cravings that lead to overeating. As Donald suggested, you should start a journal and keep track of what you eat and how you feel. That way you can find out what works best for you.

Post often...and remember we all need each other.

OKwoer
Fri, Jun-28-02, 14:05
Hey Linda!

I just wanted to add my welcome. This is a geat place to learn and find encouragement when you hit a rough spot in your program. It looks like you are off to a great start...CONGRATULATIONS.

As for the fruit and oatmeal...I'm a firm believer that we each have to kinda find what works best for us. I know for me, there are certain carbs I absolutely must stay away from. Then there are others that don't cause cravings that lead to overeating. As Donald suggested, you should start a journal and keep track of what you eat and how you feel. That way you can find out what works best for you.

Post often...and remember we all need each other.