PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tml326
Fri, Jun-28-02, 07:22
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to introduce myself. My name is Tracy and I live in Kitchener, ON. I am gearing up to get back on the LC wagon on Tuesday (after a long weekend of eating bad stuff). I had great success when I did this 2 years ago and lost 35lbs painlessly but went back eating all the BAD foods and gained it all back plus 5 lbs. I did induction last month with absolutley no results. Any tips or secrets would be appreciated. I guess they say its harder the second time round. I am determined to stick with it this time. Well thats my story........

Tracy :0) :wave:

GatorGal93
Fri, Jun-28-02, 07:45
Welcome, Tracy. I am sure you will find this board very helpful and supportive.

I, too lost on Atkins and regained after not staying on the Atkins WOL. We have something in common. :wiggle:

Good luck!
We can do this!

Julie

lilwannabe
Fri, Jun-28-02, 11:03
Hi Tracy and Welcome.

If you start a journal, people will be able to help detect anything that you may be eating that is causing you not to lose. There are some really experienced people on this board, that really know the in's and out's of the LC way of life.

Atriana
Fri, Jun-28-02, 11:19
Welcome!
The advice you got about keeping a journal is excellent. Record what you are eating and I am sure some patterns will emerge. One thing is the latest new and improved Atkins book has put a limit of 3-4 ounces of cheese on induction. There are lots of things that will also stall weight loss for some people - caffeine, aspartame, artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohols (as found in low carb shakes, bars, candies) etc. If you list your food items it will be easier to see if you are consuming any of the things that tend to slow/eliminate weight loss. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

tml326
Tue, Jul-02-02, 06:55
Hi again everyone,

When I was on the LC WOE a while back I used a site that calculated the nutritional info on everything I ate, so I did keep a journal but for the life of me I can't remember it. Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks Tracy :0)

BryanGB
Tue, Jul-02-02, 09:27
The site I've been using is FITDAY.com. Hope this helps!
Bryan

dawn33
Tue, Jul-02-02, 22:20
I know you can do this! This forum has been nothing but wonderful...motivation, support, advice, pep talks, etc. Starting a journal has helped me tremendously, and FITDAY is great too. I like hearing input from successful LCers. With all the support here, theres no way Im giving this up. Good Luck to you. :)

Dawn

tml326
Wed, Jul-03-02, 06:47
Thanks everyone for the great replies and Bryan I've signed up to use FitDay. It was exactly was I was looking for.

Tracy :roll: