PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of switching to PP. Have a question regarding avocados and heavy cream?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Voyajer
Thu, Jun-27-02, 14:26
Are these foods limited? They are considered fats in PP and therefore seem to be unlimited. Is that so? Is there a maximum?

Natrushka
Thu, Jun-27-02, 15:21
My book is at work, but I'm pretty sure that once you fullfil your protein requirement the only limits placed on what you can eat are the carb level for your Phase and how many calories it takes you to feel full. Someone who is more active will eat more than someone who is not.

I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here :)

Nat

Bonnie
Thu, Jun-27-02, 15:35
I could be wrong but I think you're right on the money, Nat... ;)

Bonnie

Voyajer
Thu, Jun-27-02, 17:51
Okay, sounds great. Because I eat a lot of avocado. Has overeating avocado or heavy cream caused anyone to stall? Say three avocadoes per day?

Natrushka
Thu, Jun-27-02, 17:55
Can't help with the avocado question, I'm not a fan (unfortunately). But yes, heavy cream can be a problem for some - any dairy can be, especially for women. If it wasn't a problem on Atkins, then I would think you'd be OK.

Avocado: if I remember correctly there are two varieties and one is lower in carbs than the other. There's something on this forum about them somewhere (I'm thinking Group Journals - group project V1 or 2) - but I bet Doreen would know off the top of her oh so informed head!

Nat

CNDYPRC
Fri, Sep-06-02, 09:11
than California avocados. Also, Fla has one that's lower in fat--yuck--I bought it by mistake, but don't make that one! (mistake)

cindy

Cossack
Sun, Sep-22-02, 15:47
They still have carbs..so i'd say NO..you cant have al you want..lol..life isnt that easy..

count the carbs..a table spoon of cream has some..maybe 0.5 or so..but some!

J