PDA

View Full Version : Just saying Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

greg5756
Thu, Jun-27-02, 11:24
Hello Everybody, My name is Greg I started the induction part of the atkins diet again. I always lose so much weight on the induction part that I never leave it then I get burnt out on the foods. I don't understand what to do after the induction. How to add carbs and continue to lose weight. Please I need somebody to help walk me through this. I finally am asking for help with this I always tried this on my own I know now that i need support and help. :wave:

DWRolfe
Thu, Jun-27-02, 11:46
Hello, Greg! So glad that you've found the forum and that you're ready to stay the course...

A few comments & questions regarding your thread...

1.) You mention boredom with your food choices...have you explored the recipes section http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes.html yet? I've found many ideas here for recipes that I make or adapt quite often..

2.) Have you tried the recipe for Deep Dish Pizza Quiche that's really good. Here's the link... http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44087

3.) You might want to start a journal of your own, so other forum members can stop by and offer recipes that you might enjoy...

4.) In your next thread(s), consider posting the things you're currently eating so folks have some ideas of the types of foods you enjoy...

You keep posting and enxploring the forum. You'll find lots of advice and loads of recipes...it's all about making LCing a WOL...so the more you learn about LC cooking and shopping, the more successful you'll be.

Good luck!

Donald :wave:

Natrushka
Thu, Jun-27-02, 16:10
Greg, welcome :)

Quite often the lure of Induction is hard to break free of - but it is necessary. After Induction you should be moving into Ongoing Weight Loss (OWL). This is how the plan was designed by the Doctor - for a few reasons. Boredom. Lack of choices. A body that adapts very well.

Increasing carbs slightly on a weekly basis alleviates all of these things. You have more food choices, you are less bored, your body doesn't adapt. Fat loss may be slower at first, but it is sustainable. You stick with it. You learn how to eat so that once you do get to your goal you'll be able to maintain it! LCing isnt about getting to the finish line as fast as you can - it's about being able to get beyond that finish line.

My suggestion is to pull out your copy of DANDR and have a good read through the chapters that cover OWL :read2:

Cheers,
Nat

greg5756
Thu, Jun-27-02, 19:27
I want to thank both nat and dw for the encouragement and the tips. I really think that this forum with the quick response to the right questions. and help in asking the right questions is great. :roll: I can only hope that going through this with others will be comforting, and inspirational. I sometimes need to be taken by the hand and put on the right path to success. Which saying that is a big break through. I would like to know how to post pics so if anybody can help me with that I would be grateful.

again Nat and Dw thank you. :wave: