PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver - Dinner with Melinda?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Karen
Thu, Jun-27-02, 10:52
I would like to organize a dinner with Melinda when she comes to town next week, June 29-July 6. (What should I see and do in Vancouver?)

Is anyone available next Monday, Tuesday or Friday?

Karen

tamarian
Thu, Jun-27-02, 10:59
Yes :)

Wa'il

colinjn
Thu, Jun-27-02, 17:28
Rats I'm only available wednesdays for the next few weeks.

Colin

Ophelia
Fri, Jun-28-02, 16:41
I could do Monday or Tuesday.

Sharon

Ruth
Fri, Jun-28-02, 19:56
For sure Tue & Fri, maybe on Mon. I expect to be out & about most of Monday, but it is a possibility. I'm on vacation until July 15 :yay: :yay: so I'm very flexible. ;)

Karen
Fri, Jun-28-02, 20:15
Shall we say Tuesday then?

Karen

Candiflip
Fri, Jun-28-02, 22:30
I don't want to sound stupid but.... who is Melinda? :confused:
Is this part of the Vancouver group get togethers? I would like to start meeting people in the area.
Thank you

Candice

Marlaine
Fri, Jun-28-02, 23:13
YIKES!!

I can hardly believe it!! Tuesday......and I CAN make it!! Yippee!! Hooray!!

*does a little spinning twirly bouncing up and down type of happy dance*

:daze:Marlaine:daze:

Ruth
Sat, Jun-29-02, 11:24
Originally posted by Candiflip
I don't want to sound stupid but.... who is Melinda? :confused:
Is this part of the Vancouver group get togethers? I would like to start meeting people in the area.
Thank you

Candice

Good question, NOT stupid. In another thread Melinda advised she will be visiting Vancouver & asked about getting together with some Vanc LCers. We are always game for a get-together & we love to meet local LCers and out of town visitors.

Karen hasn't announced the venue yet, but it will probably be Stepho's on Davie St. I hope you can join us, we'd love to meet you. This may be one of your last chances to meet our webmaster, Wa'il, before he moves to Ottawa.

Watch this space for further details ;)

Karen
Sat, Jun-29-02, 11:51
Karen hasn't announced the venue yet, but it will probably be Stepho's on Davie St.

What about the Great Wall - I think that's what it's called - on Denman unless another cheap and cheerful LC gem has been unearthed. We won't have to wait in line that way.

What say you all?

Karen

Ophelia
Sat, Jun-29-02, 12:39
The Great Wall is great! What time?

Sarlye
Sat, Jun-29-02, 15:14
Tuesday works for both of us. How about the Elvis Platter at Memphis Blue??

Looking forward to meeting Melinda :wave:

Thanks for the note K. :thup:

tamarian
Sat, Jun-29-02, 16:28
I'll vote for the Memphis Blue, from Karen's description (if that's the one?) seems like a great place for cheap protein ;) The great wall serves shaved meat, which requires several trips to get my protein requirements met :)

If not, then Stepho's is a good choice, we never had to wait for too long.

Wa'il

Sarlye
Sat, Jun-29-02, 16:38
I highly recommend going there. Their Brisket and Pull Pork is very good. :thup: :thup: You can order for yourselves or share the different platters with several people. Paul and I have tried the Combo platter and we had left overs for 3 days. We have not attempted the Elvis yet but I have seen people enjoying it whilst I was there. Good Food :D Good Tunes :cool: and fast service. We have tried take out also and the quality and quantity is excellent.

Karen
Sat, Jun-29-02, 18:05
Yep! It would be good to branch out and try Memphis Blues. Just a small caveat: all the meat has a little sugar in it from the brining, so if no one minds that, it would be an excellent choice. The brisket is my favourite! :yum:

6:00 p.m., Memphis Blues?

Karen

r.mines
Sun, Jun-30-02, 00:40
I'm working Tues, Wed, and Thurs evenings until the end of July ... hope I can make it to the next one.

Memphis Blues sounds yummy, looking forward to some rave reviews!

Rachel

Ophelia
Sun, Jun-30-02, 01:33
Memphis Blues - is that the place on Broadway just east of Granville?

Karen
Sun, Jun-30-02, 15:22
Yep! That's the place.

Now, where's Melinda?

Karen

Candiflip
Sun, Jun-30-02, 15:27
I can't wait to meet you all.....but I won't be able to make it on Tuesday :(
I don't think I will be going to the Fish house dinner either Karen. I would love to eat at your Restaurant but I don't like fish & I woudn't touch the goat cheese salad..I can't drink..I think the only thing I would eat would be the dessert *laughing* I'm sorry

Hopefully next time?

Candice

Karen
Sun, Jun-30-02, 21:20
So we have:

Ruth
Marlaine
Sharon
Sarlye, DH?
Wa'il
Karen
Melinda
...and I've invited Brian B.

Marlaine, if you have communicated with Melinda, could you pass on the dinner info? See y'all there at 6:00!

Karen

Sarlye
Wed, Jul-03-02, 00:01
Great seeing everyone. Thanks Karen for the Yummy Chocolate Bourbon Cheesecake. It was DELICIOUS. :thup: I am saving my half piece for something to look forward to tomorrow.

Nice to meet Orphelia and Brian B.

Hope everything's OK Melinda, thanks for giving us an excuse to get together. See you next time :q: