PDA

View Full Version : Professor Charles Clarke High Protein Diet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CHRIS BRAY
Wed, Jun-26-02, 09:36
I have just read Professor Charles Clarke High Protein Diet £7.99 W.H Smiths It’s the same as Atkin with out the waffle. It’s simplistic in its explanation, very inspirational and has lots of menus and simple exercises at the back. Well worth it for the recipes alone.

Drenboy
Fri, Jun-10-05, 06:00
Dear Chris,

I used the New High Protein Diet myself and lost 3 stone 6 lb over about 10 months (with the odd day off here and there for birthdays and other celebrations). I prefered it to the Atkins diet as it was far easier to understand and with far less rules.

D

lburnikell
Sun, Jun-12-05, 04:52
I might give it a try, I think I need something new to insire me and get me out of this slump of being unable to stick to a plan for more than 2 days

SylviaUK
Mon, Jun-20-05, 14:52
I've been following the CC plan for the last six months or so, finally beginning to get results :) That slice of bread he allows makes all the difference for me :D

lburnikell
Tue, Jun-21-05, 08:01
Ive just bought his new one the low gi low carb diet do you think this will be much different to the high protien??

SylviaUK
Mon, Jun-27-05, 15:30
Sorry, haven't read the new one, but I suspect it will be very similar - after all, the principle still works so why muck it up just to run with the latest gizmo? ;)

Ive just bought his new one the low gi low carb diet do you think this will be much different to the high protien??

lburnikell
Mon, Jun-27-05, 17:49
glad to hear now I just need the motivation to get me back on track!

nobunthanx
Tue, Aug-16-05, 12:14
HI Chris,
THats a real coincidence as I just read a review of his latest book in the LowCarb and Atkins monthly (www.atkinsmonthly.com) Seems like the new book is quite good. I have the new high protein diet (the one with the blue cover) And i'm slowly working my way through the recipes. So far most are very nice indeed.
All the best,
NBT

megonly
Wed, Aug-24-05, 00:18
I just ordered his book, (the original one, but would greatly appreciate knowing what foods he forbids, so I can start to phase myself into it while I await book shipment. I live in Kansas in the U.S. Thanks so much in advance.

SylviaUK
Thu, Aug-25-05, 14:08
Basically, the forbidden foods list is pretty much the same as Atkins, with the exception that one slice of wholemeal bread per day is permitted - the starting level of carbs is 40g or less as opposed to 20g on Atkins induction.

The diet is also more directed to the UK market than Atkins is, eg the recipes are measured by weight rather than in cups etc.

Good luck, hope it works for you :D

I just ordered his book, (the original one, but would greatly appreciate knowing what foods he forbids, so I can start to phase myself into it while I await book shipment. I live in Kansas in the U.S. Thanks so much in advance.

megonly
Fri, Aug-26-05, 00:59
I am eager. I went to my library today and found two books on L.C. lifestyle. I am deep into reading them, and anxious for my book by Dr. Clark. I think the additional carbs sound very sensible, and will relish the one slice of bread. Better one than a half dozen as I used to eat.

Best wishes to you,

megonly

SylviaUK
Mon, Aug-29-05, 13:21
You're welcome, megonly, and best wishes to you too.

Let us know how you get on once you've got the book. :D

Leedslass
Fri, Nov-11-05, 03:13
The difference I noticed is that he uses "pure" foods i.e. no replacements / frankenfoods, and puddings are out - probably because he doesn't have a processed food empire to promote. It has been some time since I read it but I really like the plan and have been roughly following it for some time now. Having used Splenda and other sweet substitutes etc in the past I do feel it has worked much better for me to drop the sweet stuff completely and then re- introduce perhaps small amounts of high-quality chocolate.

collinson
Mon, Aug-17-09, 10:04
HI I HAVE JUST STARTED ON (THE NEW HIGH PROTEIN DIET) AND I HAVE READ THE BOOK OVER AND OVER AGAIN. WHAT I DO LOVE ABOUT THE BOOK IN THAT I DONT AFTER WORRY ABOUT MY CALORIES INTAKE AS LONG AS I CAN KEEP MY CARBS DOWN. MY CARBS INTAKE ARE FROM 15g TO 20g FOR THE DAY. WHICH I AM REALY HAPPY ABOUT AS I FIND COUNTTING CARBS ALOT BETTER THAN COUNTTING CALORIES. THE ONLY THING IS I THINK I GO OVER MY CALORIES INTAKE FOR THE DAY SOME TIMES 3,000 TO 3,500 IS THIS BAD? BUT IT DOSE SAY IN THE BOOK NO MATTER HOW MANY CALORIES I HAVE I WANT PUT ON WEIGHT AS LONG AS I KEEP MY CARBS DOWN. IS THIS RIGHT OR WRONG WOULD LOVE YOUR INFO ON THIS THANKS VERY MUCH ANDY

Le-anne
Sun, Aug-23-09, 10:10
Hi Guys

I have just bought this book and have only skim read it so far but it looks great and seems to make sense! How those of you that have already started getting on? And how does this plan differ from atkins?

pollypeach
Tue, Sep-08-09, 05:20
I've been using the Clark books for 3 months and I've been loosing slowly and steadily. I like the fact that there is no induction period and that the carb allowance is more generous than Atkins. I stick mostly to 40 carbs per day but if I'm out with friends I may have the odd treat and go up to 60. I feel very satisfied and healthy and the acid indigestion I used to suffer from has all but disappeared.

I have quite a way to go but if it takes me another year, I'll be perfectly happy. This is the kind of plan I could follow indefinitely. As others have said its great that Clark bases his plan on real food.

dazzawhite
Thu, May-27-10, 11:03
I started on LC with this book but gave up on his recipies after 2 weeks - they were just inhuman, inedible, artificial garbage. I stick to his 40g - 50g per day carb limit but take my recipies from wherever. I also stick to his forbidden list. To me it seems like an easier, gentler Atkins but then, I've never done Atkins properly so how would I know?

PhilT
Mon, Jul-19-10, 05:57
is the Clark plan specifically high protein, or just low carb ?

mariahotp
Tue, Aug-02-11, 03:00
hi im new . iv'e just started the cc diet again .has anyone got the recipe for his watercress soup . im waiting for his recipe book to come. i beleave it's gorgeouse. thanks

msajuma
Sat, Mar-17-12, 04:06
hi, just wanted to know, am i allowed dairy protects like cream, butter and mayonaise in this diet, and nuts like peanut, almond, walnut allowed in dr clarke high protein diet, many thanks

Rosebud
Sat, Mar-17-12, 04:17
hi, just wanted to know, am i allowed dairy protects like cream, butter and mayonaise in this diet, and nuts like peanut, almond, walnut allowed in dr clarke high protein diet, many thanks
I'm a little confused, since your profile says you have read Dr Clark's The New High Protein Diet. :confused:

If you have yet to do so, I strongly suggest actually reading the book, which makes clear that the food items you mention are in fact allowed.

mariahotp
Fri, Mar-23-12, 05:02
hi .i started cc in august 11 i have now lost 2~ a half stone . i love this diet especially since i'v found a rice substitute and mash and also flax bread wich is delish .all my blood levels are brill since i started on the cc diet and ive now been told the dr is halfing my tabs for cholestrial happy dieting everyone .

mariahotp
Fri, Mar-23-12, 05:05
sorry i started the cc diet in feb 2011

traceyblue
Tue, Feb-05-13, 02:07
That slice of bread he allows makes all the difference for me :D

Agreed!
Breakfast is the hardest meal for me to LC... because of limited time, and not really feeling like eating meat first thing in the morning. That one slice of toast, slathered in salty butter sets me up for the day! :thup:

stephonice
Tue, Feb-05-13, 04:31
I have got a copy of The New High Protein Diet and also have a Kindle version of The New High Protein Healthy Fast Food Diet by the same authors.

I am committed to Atkins Induction at the moment and am losing weight steadily but when I decide to progress to the ongoing weight loss phase of Atkins, I might just have a look at this diet for the long term.

traceyblue
Wed, Feb-13-13, 07:02
A bit frustrated, as I'm halfway through week 3, and have only lost half a stone. I lost the 7 pounds in the first week, and lost nothing the 2nd week. Now in the 3rd week, and so far I've still lost no more weight. However... I do *feel* better in myself (not so sluggish, a bit more energy), and I think my face looks less puffy/chubby. So that's worth something! Trying to keep the faith....

stephonice
Sat, Feb-16-13, 11:57
A bit frustrated, as I'm halfway through week 3, and have only lost half a stone. I lost the 7 pounds in the first week, and lost nothing the 2nd week. Now in the 3rd week, and so far I've still lost no more weight. However... I do *feel* better in myself (not so sluggish, a bit more energy), and I think my face looks less puffy/chubby. So that's worth something! Trying to keep the faith....

Hi Tracey - don't give in - I have stopped looking at my scales as the only sign of progress - I have been 'clean eating' with no alcohol since 2nd January and have lost 16 pounds but believe me my body shape has changed to the point where I look like I have lost way more than that so its not all about weighing :)

traceyblue
Thu, Mar-21-13, 00:49
I started on LC with this book but gave up on his recipies after 2 weeks - they were just inhuman, inedible, artificial garbage.

Inhuman, inedible, artificial garbage?
The recipes in Professor Clark's book are just basic stuff... different ways of preparing eggs, avocados, fish, soups, meats... ideas for salads and quick lunches. Absolutely nothing artificial about any of it. And inedible? This is the exact stuff that LCers eat every day, so it's definitely not inedible.

No idea what you are on about with this! :q:

And anyway, you don't need a recipe book to do an LC way of eating.