PDA

View Full Version : D's excercise journal

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

neener_15
Mon, Jun-24-02, 11:23
I figure if I am going to spend what little comp. time I have in the gym logs I might as well have one. I am on c1w5d2. I hade to be at work at 5 am so no 20 mas today. But I changed my excercises yesterday on my ubwo and wow!! I feel it today and I took 18 gr of glutamine yesterday. It is like starting over!! This is great. Can't wait to do my lbwo tomorrow!! Hope I can walk. :D

Natrushka
Mon, Jun-24-02, 11:34
Oh I like that you've got one of these too now! Visiting is fun. I'm going to attempt a LBWO tonight - I anticpate no walking enjoyment until Thursday, but for some reason I'm not as excited about it as you!

Looking forward to reading along!
Nat

neener_15
Tue, Jun-25-02, 08:40
I am so disappointed!! I don't feel a thing. as a matter of fact I am going to work out when I get home. I definitely am going to have to change my excercises.I done:

barbell step ups
leg ext.

straight leg deadlifts
lunges

angled calf raises
one leg calf raises.

I think I will put a cement block under my step for my step ups. I had 30 lbs for my leg ext. so I will go to atlest 45. My calf excercises were fine. I did not seem to get the workout I wanted with the deadlifts! I did lunges as my main last 4 weeks, so...

Nat,

HELP!! Will it hurt to keep on with the lunges or can you give me something else to do??

neener_15
Wed, Jun-26-02, 11:02
okay, I worked out in the yard after work yesterday and ended up doing my lbwo at about6 pm last night. Done a really good workout, but still not too sore. just barely. :confused:

Did 20 MAS~ 5am today. Convinced that I will invest in a stopwatch that lights up today. Could do my running a little earlier except I can't see my stop watch!

I bought a new bench It is wonderful, now... I found a 60lb set of dumbbells to add to my collection. I think 2 sets of dumbells would be sooooo convenient. I bought 2 sets of clamps and they work well on my threaded dumbbells. I'll be ready by the end of the challenge!! :rolleyes: :D

Natrushka
Wed, Jun-26-02, 11:11
The D in DOMS is for Delayed ;) Give it some time, D. I usually feel the full effects of LBWO's 24 to 36 hours later.

Keep up with the lunges - they are a great compound move. You can vary how far you step out to focus the work on either glutes/hamstrings or the quads if you like.

Nat

neener_15
Wed, Jun-26-02, 12:28
Thanks for the reply Nat, I just usually feel it the next day. This is the first time I not been sore. Hey just when I get used to one thing my body throws me for a loop. :D :D

Natrushka
Wed, Jun-26-02, 13:12
Kinda bizarre, I'll agree. I'm in the same boat - my quads are usually screaming after a BRx LBWO (to the point I have to use the handicapped washroom to sit down and get up) but this time? Nadda. However, my calves are killing me - and they never hurt. "sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't" (substitute "nut" for "hurt" )

N

neener_15
Thu, Jun-27-02, 08:23
Nat-

I know exactly what you mean. I told my husband- You know it's bad when it hurts to sit on the toilet!! I am a bit more sore today, but still not like I usually am. I'll see how next week goes.

ubwo was great! hit 10's Gotta love those tricep kickbacks!!
I can always tell how I have done by how hungry I am. Yes I been eatin' all day so far. Ordered some whey protein from EAS (Vanilla cream) waiting for it to get here Hope it tastes better than this brand I have been getting from Walmart.

neener_15
Fri, Jun-28-02, 11:34
Today was a real let down!

My 12 yr old son decided he wanted to jog with me. So we did and he kept up, but I was just not as concentrated as normal and just really wasn't into it. Soooo tired and just icky feeling.
Could not figure it out, then got out of my dumb phase and counted the days on the calendar and lo and behold tom came to visit . No wonder I have been tired this week!!so glad tomorrow is a free day. Looking at possible doing heavyhands for my 20 MAS. I dunno.

neener_15
Mon, Jul-01-02, 08:36
Sunday-

lbwo. Hit 10's all the way!! Went back to squats and lunges and I can feel it today.!!

Monday
Did not do 20 MAS today! got up late and legs are pretty sore from yesterday! :D Might do 20 MAS after work. or I might just go swimming with daughter. Since it is just the two of us. I can't believe I am on wk 6!! Not seeing much change, but my muscles are harder and I have not gained anything. Not really checking weight ofr measurements untill end of wk 8.

neener_15
Tue, Jul-09-02, 08:33
lbwo

Good w/o could have been better but I was not focused! I do my w/o in my garage and the cat got in and used it for a potty. That is especially lovely to wake up and find at 4 am. Had to clean that up before trying to do my w/o!! May go back and do some more tonight!! Pants are tight today!! I think my butt is growing or something. Found some truly horrible before LC pictures!! Soon as I can get some up to date pictures I will post them. did not realize I looked that bad. :eek: :eek: Have been moving my parents into a trailor on my property for the last month, Hopefully We will get that completed next week!! I will be able to get on the internet in the evening and therefore keep up my jornals a little better!!

I know somewhere on this forum is a thread that contained some protein shake recipes and I can't find them!! If anyone knows where they are please direct me in the right direction!!

neener_15
Wed, Jul-10-02, 08:30
did not do 20 MAS today. Rainaing out!! I have got to find a way to get these cardios in! I just haven't found a reliable way to do it yet! May just have to break down and get a treadmill. Anyway, I will figure something out! Went to bed at 7:30 last night and still did not want ot get up at 4:30. Sooooo tired! I think I am going to have to get more veggies in and up my carbs some. I hate to do this because I feel like I am busting out of my pants, lately!! I know you can't go by the scale, but I don't think I coul stand to go up a pants size!!

neener_15
Thu, Jul-11-02, 11:07
Got up late today, darn-it!!
I may do my ubwo this afternoon, but more likely will do it tomorrow!! Eating is going real good today. I think that I may try HITT instead of 20 MAS. Just need to change up a little.

neener_15
Fri, Jul-12-02, 08:26
Done my ubwo that I missed yesterday!! It went good. Feelin' my arms and back already. I have not been sleeping to well for about a week and I think I finally figured that out. I have been drinking a glass of tea with my last meal and I think it is not de-caf. I used to buy de- caf and then I just stopped drinking tea all together. I think this may be some tea that dh bought . Will be picking up some de-caf today and seeing if that is the problem. I have been doing concentration curls. all I can say is WOW!!! I really feel those bi's now.! And side lifts.(Still only able to do 5#'s on each dumbell for all my reps and reach failure. one day I will move up on weight!!)

neener_15
Thu, Jul-18-02, 08:17
lbwo c1w8d5

All I can say is I will be sore tomorrow. I decided to superset my workout today. Still only took about 45 min and it was a good workout!!I did not do my calves. I think I will do them tomorrow or Sat. I am probably going to look at the workout arrangement I have. I would rather lift 6 days a week so i think I will break it down into 6 days next week, maybe. I bought a pair of capri jeans in a 9 juniors yesterday :D :D No I did not even try them on 'til I got home!! They are a bit snug but I wore a ling t-shirt and they are just fine!!IF I could find my camera and therefore have the last roll of film developed I would / will post some pics next week. My daughter took some of me the other day with a disposable so who knows how they will turn out.

neener_15
Tue, Jul-23-02, 08:31
All I can say is WOW!! I decided to modify my bfl challenge. :rolleyes: It's increasingly obvious that I am not going to be real regular with the 20MAS. Sooooooo... I am going to workout 6 days a week. dividing it into 4 days. So 2 days per week will be repeated. still eating the same. Just more into the lifting. I started yesterday and done my chest and shoulders and what a workout. I am truly sore today. I find that since I know that I am only doing 2-3 muscle groups a day that I am not as leary about really working them out. I increased my weights and really did it good. I was going to do legs today, but got up too late so I am hoping to do them these evening.

neener_15
Wed, Jul-24-02, 11:06
biceps & triceps

tri's
close grip presses
tri ext.

bi's
alternate db curls
concentration curls

Failure on bi's, but not on tri's. don't find the presses as hard on tri's as expected. May have to look at that one again.

done abs last night. 3 intersets each. 12, 10, 10. WOW

bent knee raises
crunches

bent leg raises
crunches

neener_15
Thu, Jul-25-02, 11:06
great w/o already feeling my back.

reverse rows
seated lateral rows??

seated calf raises
angled calf raises

did my ab w/o last night

Sore abs today again!! :D

I am really liking this routine!!! Lifting more weight!!

neener_15
Fri, Jul-26-02, 08:21
Took a day off today. Will start my next 4 days tomorrow. :D

neener_15
Mon, Jul-29-02, 11:19
Good work out. Feeling it everytime i go up and down these stairs at work. I really like having my workouts broken up like this. I find that I am able to handle more weight and concentrate more on form instead of worrying about not being able to do the whole workout. I was supposed to do my legs yesterday, but I worked in the yard all morning instead. Done my legs this morning and I will do my tri's and bi's tonight. I figure I eat around 12 noon, so if i workout at 6 pm, that should be plenty of time to go before w/out eating before my workout.

Found some really good ex's in a book by Vedral. she has a lot of free weight ex's and I prefer that to machines.(Full realm of motion and all that.) She also uses intersets which I am thinking about. But she does light weights. I like using heavier weights. ( something about feeling really strong!) :rolleyes:

neener_15
Thu, Aug-01-02, 11:20
Tried the BodyRX workout for back and tri's. Only done my back because I worked my tri's yesterday. I like this routine. I will be starting the Body RX. But I will be starting with cycle 2. sculpting.

neener_15
Mon, Aug-05-02, 11:07
Friday-

c2w/o1 Chest and Biceps

Good workout!! Really felt it saturday!! I like this!!

Sunday workout 2 Back and Tri's

Monday morning. Hurts so good!! :D

neener_15
Tue, Aug-06-02, 08:25
Tri's are really hurtin' today!!

Did workout#3 this morning.. legs.
done lunges to failure
no failure on leg curls
failure on leg ext.
no failure on either calf ex's
angled calf raise
seated calf raise.

Good workout, but I think the leg curls will be replaced next time.Think I might try the sissy squat.

neener_15
Thu, Aug-08-02, 11:14
Shoulders and abs

Great workout!! Shoulders already sore, tomorrow is sure to be difficult. I may take just tomorrow off and start back Fri. I really like this program. I am able to handle more weights and really push myself.

neener_15
Wed, Aug-14-02, 08:33
Sat- chest / bi's
bench press- 30#
incline db press 2x15
db flyes 2x10#
db curls 2x 15#
concentration curls 2x10#

Sun- back / tri's
bb bent over row 25 #
seated lat row 2x10#
skull crushers 2x5#
cross over tri ext 5#

Tues- legs
squats 2x10#
lunges 2x10#
leg ext 30#

Wed- Shoulders (Ido my abs every day)
shoulder presses 2x10#
reverse flyes 2x10
don't know the name of the other. lift from front of chest to sides. 2x5#
These have been really good workouts. sat being the only day free of soreness. All week I have been very sore. Will perhaps do workout #1 tomorrow and#2 friday as I am going out of town Sat.

neener_15
Fri, Aug-16-02, 10:07
Workout #2

back and tri's

Good workout Could have been more focused though. Taking Sat and Sun off and be back at it on mon.

neener_15
Thu, Aug-22-02, 08:20
OK it is Thursday and I am just getting back to my workouts :rolleyes: :eek: I had a little soreness in my right knee so I laid off the weights a few extra days. Will get on it tonight!! I can finish up this weeks ex's in time to start fresh tomorrow afternoon. still sorta on track!!

neener_15
Wed, Sep-04-02, 11:29
:eek:
It has been a day or so since I last was here. time just kinda got away.

ok-
I am in my 4th week of body rx. I do like this routine. I still am not losing, either in size or weight as a matter of fact I have gained 13 #'s since I started lifting. I am at 168. I have noticed my pants a little tighter, but not like they would normally be at this weight. So maybe that's a good sign. It is a bit discouraging, but I am not about to stop at this point. I am going to finish this cycle and go through the fat burning cycle 3 and see how it goes.

Tuesday sept 3

Workout #1 In the evening. I usually go about 5 hrs from lunch to workout and then have a shake. then I don't have to get up at 4 am. :rolleyes: okay so I am a bit lazier on the am thing, but that's about it. I now truly know the definition of DOMS!!!! BFL did not get as sore EVERYTINE as this does. I hope that marks progress!!

neener_15
Thu, Sep-05-02, 11:22
Fairly uneventful day yesterday. Was going to do workout #2, but time got away from me and I decided to just sit and read. Will be catching up today.Plans are to do w/o 2 this evening. I have found that when I workout in the evening I sometimes cannot lift the same amt or for the same # of reps as I do in the mornings, but I feel it a whole lot more. I really get exhausted and the DOMS is unbelievable. so, I don't know!! all I know is it gives me an extra hour to sleep in the morning and sleep comes quicker and more sound if I workout in the evening.

neener_15
Thu, Sep-12-02, 11:13
Haven't been posting much due tolack of time and beautiful moderate temps out side!! :p I am on c2w6d2 of the bodyrx plan.

My chest already hurts from yesterday, but I am going to do my back and tri's today. I am doing some of these excercises withslow reps. Where I don't have any inbetween weights(only in increments of 5#'s) I can't quite go up 5#'s so I slow down and really squeeze the muscle. I get an incredible sore form it, so I think I am on the right track. Food is going well. Have upped my carbs in the way of veggies and some berries. Can't wait to start the cycle 3 next week.

neener_15
Fri, Sep-20-02, 08:40
It's been a good (sore) week. I finished my first week of cycle 3 of bodyrx. I am eating so much food :( at first it was sickening, but now I have kinda got into a routine and am actually hungry at most of the meals. I am now down to my pre lifting measurements mostly. still 1/2 in larger in chest and 1/4 in. larger in forearms and 1 in. larger in hips. waist is down 1/4 in. arms are down 1/2 in. Did not check thighs. weight is still about 165 which is 10 lbs than when I started. But maybe the fat is finally trying to come off so those muscles can come busting through. :D :D . That is one reason I am paying so very close attention to my food. figure, if I don't trim up more, it will not be because I am not doing what I am supposed to do. I am using flas, psyllium, and fiber 1 cereal for the bulk of fiber. Lots of good LC veggies(all in the green, ) Lots of good leaner meat. I still refuse to do without fat, but I just don't add a lot of fat. Cottage cheese, cheese etc. Going ok so far. know more in a few weeks. Had to change my workouts to evenings since school started. Have to stay up and do homework :rolleyes: So I eat lunch at 12:00 Have a 1/2 c fiber 1 and 1/2 c cottage cheese and about 10 blueberries around 4 then I wait 'til 5 or so and workout. then have a shake and eat dinner around7:30. So that leaves me about 1 1/2 hrs before going to bed. I am going to try to mave all this up 1 hr to allow more time to elapse from last meal to bed time. who knows.

Workouts have been wonderfull. The next morning I start to hink nothing worked and BAM!! I feel like a truck hit me. Isn't life grand!!! :D