PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] Force feeding

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Chantel
Sun, Jun-23-02, 19:27
This ketosis stuff is a trip. I am having to force feed myself cuz I am not hungry. Anyone else going through this?

Does anyone know if chicken curry is a high carb indian food?

tia

Zeus
Sun, Jun-23-02, 20:51
This ketosis stuff is a trip. I am having to force feed myself cuz I am not hungry. Anyone else going through this?

-Actually, I have quite a "healthy appetite" ...so, for me personally, this is not a problem. Again, this kind of thing varies from individual to individual (heard that before haven't you :D ).

Does anyone know if chicken curry is a high carb indian food?

- Ummm... I... don't ... know ... (you won't hear me say that much).

tamarian
Sun, Jun-23-02, 21:02
You may need to eat more veggeis, protein and fat alone usually supresses the appetite.

Wa'il

Chantel
Mon, Jun-24-02, 11:13
Zeus, no veggies for you at all? How is the TKD coming a long?

Wa'il, you are probably right. I am going to add more veggies starting ith breakfast (stir fry veggies and eggs) - Thanks for the tip.

Zeus
Mon, Jun-24-02, 20:16
Zeus, no veggies for you at all? How is the TKD coming a long?

Nope, no veggies. The TKD is coming along nicely...I hope to post my results in full after 12 weeks.

jagbender
Mon, Feb-09-04, 13:05
The chicken curry I make is low carb.
The recipie
Three chicken breast sliced
1 onion sliced
1 can coconut milk (naturally low carb)
2 packs splenda.
Curry powder to taste. I use the hot stuff!
This recipie is low carb. If you get it at a restaurant I would assume they would use a couple of teaspoons of sugar.
Jagbender

Alopex
Mon, Feb-09-04, 13:28
Hi Chantel,

I also tend not to be hungry in ketosis. And then there are times when I'm ravenous and nothing seems to be enough. So I guess it depends.

After a carb-up, though, food is the LAST thing on my mind for 2-3 days, and I also have to remind myself to force something down, just because I probably should. So I decided to make myself eat, but not as many calories as usual (the carb-up tends to be in excess of my usual intake, so it seems to carry over). Just make sure that what you're eating has a lot of nutritional value.