PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed Mushrooms

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

amb
Sat, Jun-22-02, 08:19
Eating this makes me feel like I am being really naughty....but I am soooo not!

Take the stalks out of the mushrooms and finely dice, and fry them up with finely diced bacon and onion and garlic s&p, add them to cream cheese and stuff the mushroom caps....stick them in the oven for 15 min or so, just to cook the caps and brown the tops, and I tell you what...! mmmmmmmmmm

Amb

(I suppose you could stick whatever you wanted in the cream cheese! chicken, all different spices....seafood...)

lilwannabe
Wed, Jun-26-02, 17:31
I stuff mine with crab...top with cream cheese, little lemon juice and dill...yummy!!

Bonnie
Wed, Jun-26-02, 17:41
This is a clone of the recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms, Olive Garden
Restaurant:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/snack102.html

amb
Fri, Jun-28-02, 05:16
excellent....i had no idea it was a clone, but they sure are yummy.
crab and dill sounds great as well!

Amb

Bonnie
Fri, Jun-28-02, 05:23
Glad you like them, Amb...this is something hubby loves to prepares on his own quite often when we have guests... the compliments he receives after sampling I guess is worth the work preparing them for him... :)

Bonnie

news2me
Thu, Jul-11-02, 23:03
I had been making a similar recipe for a while now. The recipe I have calls for bread crumbs so I substituted crushed pork rinds and it works out great!

news2me

nater25
Sat, Feb-22-03, 20:36
making those yummy things tonight hope they work
thanks for the recipie
YUMMMMY!

Annie128
Fri, Mar-16-07, 12:18
I stuff mine with diced oion and grated cheese and then wrap the mushroom with half slice of bacon and bake it that way.

Annie1gi
Fri, Mar-16-07, 12:20
I stuff mine with the stems, celery, onion garlic cooked and mixed with breakfast sausage and some grated parm...cheese, Bake and they are just delish, and good hot or cold.