PDA

View Full Version : Last chance...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Katydidit
Thu, Jun-20-02, 21:45
Hello all...

I came across this site his afternoon and can feel the support you are offering to everyone.

I am 44 and am afraid if I don't lose this weight now, I never will. With the beginning of every new year, I tell myself....this is the year I will take it off and keep it off. But it hasn't happened yet.

I have lost eighty pounds on LC before, I know I can, no I have to do it again. I just hope it isn't too late, I am afraid if I lose the pounds I will look like a deflated balloon!!! Not a kid anymore, don't know how resilliant the human body is!

Any words of encouragement would be appreciated.

Thanks

Katydidit

TeriDoodle
Fri, Jun-21-02, 21:29
Hi Katy!!!

You sound just like me and all my girlfriends.... it's now or never!! LOL We're 44 too and suddenly we're all working out and dieting. And we're all gettin' skinny, in shape and beautiful!! You can do it too!! No problem!! :D

You're skin will fit you just fine when it's all done.... especially if you don't go on any drastic starvation diets! You stick around here...get on a good plan that suits you and stay with it. There's tons of support here and you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish with that!!!

Not to mention.... you'll make some great friends, too!

Please let me know how I can help. Feel free to visit my journal anytime (click on the journal icon at the bottom of this post) or post any question on the board and someone will come whooshing to your aid!! :D

Katydidit
Fri, Jun-21-02, 22:34
Thank you so much for the warm welcome and for the words of encouragement. I am "mentally" ready to commit completely to this program, in spite of the few reservations I have (you know, the baggy skin thing, ha ha).

I visited the the triple digiters and they are wonderful, so inspirational and supportive. My family is behind me one hundred percent, though I am selective about who else I share what I am doing with. My best girlfriend (50) is doing this as well and it helps so much to "tag team", if you know what I mean. She calls me, I call her..."tell her the banana pudding my husband made is calling my name". She tells me the banana pudding is an evil temptress plotting sabatoge against my plans for a sexy little swimsuit.

Anyway, thank you again for the response. I feel this forum is going to be so helpful. Only another person who has weight issues can truly understand this cruel disease.

Thanks again!

Talon
Sat, Jun-22-02, 06:04
Katy,

Sounds like you are in a great frame of mine to start this way of eating for life. And a positive attitude is essential to being succesfull it almost anything!

It is great that you have local support with you. I to didn't tell many people what I was doing, but after 40 lbs gone, they started asking anyway.

I too worry about that deflated look, but as Teri said, slow and steady and you body will spring back - maybe not make you look like an 18 year old, but it will spring back! I try to help my skin a long a little bit, by moisturizing all over when I get out of the shower each AM. Not sure if it helps, but it sure can't hurt. :)

LoCarbinIt
Thu, Jul-04-02, 17:51
Katy,

I'm new too! :) Sounds like you have a great friend to get started with. Best wishes to you! :D

Tanyaskees
Thu, Jul-04-02, 18:07
Hi Katy and LoCarbinIt :wave: , welcome to the forum, you both are going to love here. I just wanted to wish you both the best of luck :).