PDA

View Full Version : Help! Fatigue

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

spirit6
Wed, Jun-19-02, 19:58
im on my second day(i messed up) but im really tired, and its no good im a very active person, i jog and lift weights and do karate and this isnt good. i like the diet, the cravings are soooo hard to resist but i hope they go away. will i ever feel energetic again? also sometimes i get tummy pains, is this normal and will this go away?

agonycat
Wed, Jun-19-02, 20:02
Welcome to carbohydrate withdrawal.

What you are going through it perfectly normal, and usually only lasts for 5 days or so.

Make sure you are eating more than enough food while your body under goes it fuel source switch. This will help offset the fatigue. Drink lots of water and by all means get plenty of rest.

About the 5 day, your body will kick into high gear as it finds the fat stores :)

spirit6
Wed, Jun-19-02, 20:19
thanks i was hoping youd say something like that, my biggeswt inspiration are my thin clothes i used to wear, i took them out of my drawers and hung them up so i have a boost to keep my fingers away from those carbs. question on induction, that time of the month, its a killer usually how am i going to deal, are the carbolite bars allowed on induction or anything to have then. trust me the cravings may go away but standback when its that time, nothing will stand between me and cravings.

agonycat
Thu, Jun-20-02, 06:18
No to the carb bars during induction.

In fact even after induction I personally wouldn't touch them.

A lot of people stall by consuming those puppies. Some of our bodies taste "sweet" and automatically release insulin. Regardless if it is a real or a false sweet.

Insulin in the blood prevents us from burning fat. Other people find they don't have a problem. It really depends on YOU. If you find you are not losing, cut the bars.

Sparkle
Thu, Jun-20-02, 14:33
I agree with everyone else....this too shall pass. It is no fun at all I know BUT the rewards are well worth it! :)

Sarah2003
Thu, Jun-20-02, 20:05
oh my gosh I remember my first week....I slept a lot and had no energy!! I'm good now though!

spirit6
Thu, Jun-20-02, 20:34
i actuaaly noticed at work that i that i went about 5 and a half hours withot eating, i had no time and didnt even get slighly hungry and had no real cravings, theyll come back im sure, but i started off sooo tired and than i had later on had a good deal o f energy. its hard.