PDA

View Full Version : I'm new~Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Crazy_lady
Tue, Jun-18-02, 15:25
:wave: Hi everyone, I have read a couple of the other messages and decided to join this site. Everyone seems so eager to loose their extra baggage and give motivation and support to everyone else and that is awesome. During my life, weight has mostly been an issue but I have always kept it under control somehow. :q:
Somewhere along the way, I gained a whopping 80 lbs. And believe me sixty of those lbs were gained during the last 2-3 years. I finally broke down and weighed myself about 2 days ago and found that I had topped 200 lbs. (206). I haven't weighed that much since I was 9 1/2 months pregnant with my son. :cry: I cannot believe this- I have been in such denial. I only look in mirrors that start at my neck. Lately, I have seen myself accidently in full length mirrors and I am HORRIFIED!! I am so very glad that I found this site because I will need all of the support that I can get, nobody I know is on any kind of diet. I am hoping to share along the way!!Love all-God bless

Natrushka
Tue, Jun-18-02, 15:38
Welcome to the board, Cheryl. You'll find all kinds of help, information and support here. I urge you to have a good long look through the "Newbies' Questions" Forum for the Hot Links! thread posted at the top. It will answer a lot of questions you're going to run into during the first few weeks of LCing.

Starting up a journal would also be a great idea - Many members have one and use it to track food, exercise, progress and anything else they want. I know that my Journal has been invuable in my LC journey.

I also suggest having a read through "Jazzing up your Induction" (an article by Karen that can be found under "Low Carb Tips" - atop every page in orange highlight). Induction is quite the transition for many, but there's no reason it can't be delicous :)

Lastly, don't be afraid to ask questions or to post in members' journals - chances are if you've got a question so do others.

Cheers,
Nat

Crazy_lady
Wed, Jun-19-02, 00:04
Thank you for all this wonderful information, I am on my way right now to go and check out some of these links. :wave:

Cinderella
Wed, Jun-19-02, 08:29
HI...I just popped in to welcome you. Have fun in your new journey.

hugs..cin