PDA

View Full Version : Broccoli and Cheese Casserole

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

VictoriaT
Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:12
My fiance made this broccoli and cheese caserole and it was out of this world. :yum: :yum:

1 bag frozen broccoli
NY sharp cheddar cheese
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 onion
1/2 c mayo

He mixed it all in a casserole dish and baked it on 350 for 20 minutes. It was SO GOOD! HE put in a lot of cheese for me. I havent really tried to tweak it yet to take out the cream of mushroom soup---

Thanks!
vicki :yum:

TeriDoodle
Mon, Aug-19-02, 08:21
Try adding a little garlic, mushrooms and slivered almonds!! That's a recipe my mom always used to make and it's delish too!!

VictoriaT
Mon, Aug-19-02, 08:22
Teri
Sounds :yum:!!!
Instead of the cream of mushroom soup, I now use heavy cream. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

Thanks for the tip for more flavor---almonds! :yum:

Cinderella
Tue, Aug-20-02, 08:19
Sounds great.

Can we have Cream of mushroom soup?

cin

TxCharity
Wed, Oct-09-02, 13:45
Victoria how much cream do you use in this recipe ? Thanks!!

VictoriaT
Wed, Oct-09-02, 15:07
Hi!
I would say I use about 1/3- 1/2 cup of heavy cream. It is soooo good. I have it a lot!

I hope you enjoy it :)

TxCharity
Wed, Oct-09-02, 15:10
Thanks Victoria I will have to try !! :-)

Norma June
Thu, Jan-30-03, 16:03
How much cheddar cheese do you use? HE (groom to be) uses lots you said, so how much should we use?

By the way .. congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I now you'll look absolutely gorgeous! I wish you a lifetime of happiness.
:rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart:

pocoterry
Fri, Aug-13-04, 15:27
what is the carb count on this dish - sounds wonderful