PDA

View Full Version : New Member - ggs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ggs
Tue, Jan-23-18, 13:03
:wave: Hi I've never joined a forum before and am looking forward to the information and support I hope to receive from this one.
I'm a 65 year old mother of three adult children with 10 grandchildren, 6 of whom are biological but all of whom are my grandchildren.
I used to teach elementary and special ed and am now retired.
I've been living with my partner Vince for 25 years. Vince stopped smoking 4 years ago and has gained 30 lbs. I've always struggled with my weight but it now seems eating a low carb diet has brought my weight down almost easily and I am hoping to hit my goal weight during the summer.
Vince did well eating low carb with me originally but after the holidays is having a hard time getting back to it. This makes it harder for me to stay focused on my plan but I intend to succeed. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank You*ggs

bluej
Tue, Jan-23-18, 23:13
Welcome ggs
That sounds like a big beautiful family you have
This board is a wonderful place to spend some time while learning and sharing
Good luck on your journey and hope to see you around :)