PDA

View Full Version : New to group

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nique1913
Tue, Dec-19-17, 22:57
My name is Tk and I’m new to the forum. I’ve been reading on the ketogenic
Lifestyle. I’ve been struggling with my weight most of my life. I had gastric bypass in 2001 and have gained most of my weight back.
I’m ready to do it the right way and research and study a better way of life

Ambulo
Wed, Dec-20-17, 03:05
Hi Nique :wave:

Welcome to this forum and the start of a healthier lifestyle.

JEY100
Wed, Dec-20-17, 03:48
Welcome :wave:
You have found a great forum to do lots of reading and research on the Ketogenic Diet. The research and media section is what drew me to this forum years ago.
I don’t know the author of the book you read but she has a good background. You might want to check her recommendations against the new Keto guide at DietDoctor. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto Many tips there, recipes, and links to the science.
If you stick at or below 20g total carbs in beginning, it is hard to go wrong. The clinic plan I follow does not introduce macros, or limiting protein until weight loss slows, keep it simple to start. A woman I know from our local support group at Duke had WLS and finally found long term success with Keto. She has a huge following on YouTube, FB and at DietDoctor. Her "failure story" on YT is inspiring, it may help you to hear how she found Keto after WLS and now maintains a healthy weight. Others on her Keto cooking FB page had WLS.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=470795
Look around all the various sub-forums and ask questions.
All the best,

Nrracing
Tue, Dec-26-17, 09:47
Welcome, stay here and you will learn tons. Follow the life style and you will win!!